Kids win a prize at a claw machine, and their victory celebration is a joy to watch

the joy at beating the system!

1 Like

you have to get two things to make sense of the commercial claw technology
when you see two things together you get the drift

GIRL POWER!

Dangit I have to write more for the reply to work.

The victory laps of the girl with the braids are great!

I’m just going to pre-flag my comment with spoiler tags, because it’s gonna get pretty curmudgeony… I wanted to put my hot take out there so that any other spoil-sports wouldn’t have to feel alone in their misery :slight_smile:

After reading the comments I expected something more naturally jubilant and elated. From the opening “B roll” skate-up it seemed weird they they already had a really well-shot opening, before the “unpredictable result.” I guess they could’ve been shooting the whole trip, but a trip to Walmart? The scene playing the claw game itself seemed really professionally shot.

Because of my reactions, I looked at their Youtube channel after watching the video and spoiler, they are definitely professional Youtubers, and feature their kids a lot, Pascal in particular. No problem there necesarily, except the weird, manipulated feeling you get when you’re expecting a spontaneous video of child joy, but instead get a stilted, forced performance and polished video production. The lead actress seemed to pause a lot after things happened, look into camera, then look slightly up to the dad for direction, then react. The way he followed her in close up to get her awkward, forced, vague-impressions of comedic reactions bit felt really stagey. I don’t know, the whole thing smelled like a dad desperate for virality, and milking his kid…

4 Likes

Yep. As advertised for sure.

Social media these days…for eff’s sake.

These days I always get accosted and berated by the staff if I use my heelies in big stores like that.

Of course, I am ten times that kid’s age, so maybe it’s a cuteness deficit at fault.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.