'Kill the Bill,' shout protesters as U.S. Senate votes on starting GOP health bill debate

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/25/kill-the-bill-shout-prote.html

3 Likes

Its riding on McCain and Johnson to tip the balance.

2 Likes

“no photos. Delete your photos.”

Suuure. Just buy an Eye-fi SD card to autosync pictures, then delete them from the SD card when asked or when the card is confiscated.

4 Likes

Well, its going to be a tie 50-50 and Pence will break it to Yes.

3 Likes

I don’t care if he IS a former POW. John McCain is a chickenshit fucking coward who talks a big game but then obediently falls in line with the rest of his colleagues to destroy people’s lives like a good little boy.

Fuck him.

16 Likes

No, seriously, fuck John McCain.

15 Likes

… but … but he is former military. A hero!

1 Like

Eye-fi is actually no longer in business, and the reviews of the Toshiba and Transcend wi-fi SD cards are not exactly glowing. Seems like there’s a void to be filled here.

2 Likes

Million dollar market for sure. It does seem there’s a use-case here by professional journalists and photogs (and even citizens) that needs to be filled. Add encryption capabilities and other features and it’s gold.

1 Like

Why didn’t he just omit the periods in “D.C.” so he would spell out “great” correctly?

WHY?!?

1 Like

You seem to have confused the President with a man who thinks about things before he says or tweets them.

6 Likes

Maybe he meant “grt” as in “grate”.

That would make a lot of sense.

4 Likes

That was a campaign promise, if I recall correctly.

5 Likes

Photography is not a crime. Even when done at a crime scene. Which this wasn’t.

7 Likes

Authorities are pretty notorious for confiscating SD cards and cameras from journalists, or phones from citizens, and/or making them delete footage/pictures. It’s definitely not a new thing and i would hope that attending journalists disregarded orders to delete pictures.

4 Likes

WTF is with that delete the pictures shit. The GOP wants to shit on Democracy, then by all means lets have the pictures.

6 Likes

I wonder what imaginary law they think they’re invoking to forbid photos at a crime scene?

3 Likes

It’s like how you can be arrested for resisting arrest and only be charged with resisting arrest. Of course, the real crime is the suppression of news coverage.

3 Likes

If they couldn’t pass a repeal bill with a plan, how can they expect to pass a bill, without a plan?

More to the point, how would today’s photos of the Senate differ from yesterday’s? It’s just a bunch of old white dudes. They aren’t literally drinking blood. No, the only reason for preventing photography is to show contempt for democracy. There is no other objective.

6 Likes