Kim Jong Un and Brett Kavanaugh star in Trump reelection video

I agree that this is rallying the base that has been “attacked” as racists, but the Mein Kampf analogy doesn’t really work. Hitler started writing Mein Kampf in prison before most Germans had ever heard of him, and somewhat distanced himself from it after becoming chancellor.

Now Hitler’s tax dodges are a much easier comparison. Hitler didn’t pay taxes for sales of Mein Kampf and owed millions in back taxes when elected chancellor, at which point he had the debt erased.

Now that is something trump would definitely identify with

3 Likes

Not exactly. The failed 1923 coup was well publicised, the following trial even more; Hitler used it as a podium and got a lot of publicity out of it, national an international.

The trial itself was a mess and kicked off with a miscarriage of justice; by law it should have been held at the Reichsgerichtshof at Leipzig, not at the Volksgerichtshof at Munich. And that was just the start of it. Given the charge, high treason, and the evidence, by law the only possible outcome should have been a verdict of guilty and a death sentence.
The public prosecutor praised the accused in his summing up.
The sentence: 5 years Festungshaft (Not prison. Sounds somewhat martial, but really was the VIP-treatment, basically the ‘Club Fed’ of its time.) with the option of suspension after 6 months. Oh, and a fine of 200 Goldmark.
In the end, Hitler was in custody for 9 months. After which, by law, he should have been deported to Austria, but wasn’t.

5 Likes

I watched it so you don’t have to:

(Shots of White House intercut with subliminal close-ups of a $20 bill)
“FIRST THEY IGNORE YOU”
(Shots of Obama, Obama and Biden, Obama and Biden leaving a room)
“THEN THEY LAUGH AT YOU”
(More subliminal flashes of money, shots of Dems laughing)
“THEN THEY CALL YOU RACIST
(Hillary, CNN logo, Amy Schumer, Rosie O’Donnell, more sublim money, White House, Obama in the oval office, Hillary again, Trump walking onstage, all-white crowd at Trump rally)
“YOUR VOTE FOR DONALD J. TRUMP
(Winner Trump, white crowd, Trump swearing in, Trump shaking hands with Kim, white crowd fist pumping, White House, random shots of Trump intercut with shots of white crowds)
“PROVED THEM ALL WRONG
(Lindsey defending Brett, fake headline saying Muller report shows no wrongdoing, random rapid-fire shots of Trump walking, stark black and white posed still image of Trump pointing and looking mean)
“WHERE WILL YOU BE NOVEMBER 3, 2020?

4 Likes

The only POC in the ad is a dead (?) dictator

1 Like

Thanks @yoyodyne

I just couldn’t push the button. I just couldn’t.

2 Likes

In Gopworld, their denial is considered a rebuttal, and insulting their accuser(s) is a debunking.

2 Likes

He is playing to his base of neo-nazis and sexual predators. Perfect for courting the Evangelical Christian vote.

1 Like

I could have worded that better. The book was crap and Hitler knew it. However:

Despite being repetitive, long-winded and difficult to read, “Mein Kampf” had become a popular read throughout Germany by the late 1920s, disseminating Hitler’s main theories to a large audience…

…“Mein Kampf” gained enormous readership in the early 1930s and once Hitler gained power as Chancellor of Germany in 1933, became the de facto Nazi bible. Every newly married couple received a free copy on their wedding day, and every soldier had one included as part of his gear. At the outset of World War II, the book had been translated into 11 languages and sold 5 million copies.

The tax dodges are not things his base identifies with. Struggling against seen and unseen forces and yearning for a singular national identity are.

3 Likes

Hopefully not on a ventilator.

5 Likes

“My grandson went to Lansing and all I got was this lousy ventilator”
-Future T Shirt

1 Like

The past was weird too, these types have plenty role models, in the end, well, it gets ugly but the world keeps right on spinning and we mutants happily adapt, get over it, drink about the bad old days, be calm.

Democratic People’s Republic of Korea is not communist. its a monarchy/dictatorship based on behavior including fake elections and as you can see in their name they pretend to be a democracy by having those fake elections.

otherwise ya you right.

they probably going for a “we tamed an enemy by talking to him instead of isolating him” but the hilarious thing about that is how they then try to isolate any and all perceived enemies within their own damn country.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.