Kim Jong Un and Brett Kavanaugh star in Trump reelection video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/02/kimjongun-kavanaugh-trump.html

3 Likes

You’d think that fans of Kavanaugh would cite a stronger reason to celebrate his nomination than “he claims he never sexually assaulted anyone,” even if they believe that to be true.

It’s not like the Biden campaign is LEADING with “he says he didn’t assault Tara Reade.”

16 Likes

I lost track of how many times I had to fight my gag reflex. His supporters must think he needs a secret service agent with a wheelbarrow to haul Trump’s manhood around after watching this. Most of our business sector may be shut down, but we are still manufacturing reality at a record pace.

10 Likes

Actual screen grab:

If that doesn’t scream Nuremberg Rally I don’t know what does.

And after watching this trash I’m left thinking, “this is supposed to get people to vote for Trump?

16 Likes

49 Likes

I think in Trump-world, this is their “clever” reminder of Dem hypocrisy, in that they criticized Kavanaugh and nominated Biden. It makes a lot more sense when everything is viewed through the lens of owning the libs.

10 Likes

Resentment’s a hell of a drug.

5 Likes

I live in central Ohio and I still don’t think I’ve ever seen that many white people in one room before,

9 Likes

Yeah. I have no desire to watch it but when i saw the stills I thought “a sea of white.”

6 Likes

Oh that poor little thing,he is racist, we laugh at him, then Is big winner shaking Hand with Kim, and relating to fellow sexual assault baddies, why would anyone pick on such a darling little angel, the poor guy, being a victim. Vote for this poor underdog who is tight friends with men who share his disputable morals.

7 Likes

When I first quickly scrolled past this this morning, I genuinely thought it was a parody.

But, nope. The Republican nominee for president of America is un-ironically presenting friendship and a close relationship with a repressive communist regime, and getting jobs for sex offenders, as good things, that should be encouraged and supported.

Man, the future is fucking weird.

26 Likes

If you think of it as an “owning the libs” highlight reel it makes more sense.

6 Likes

“A sea of men,” too. And “a sea of dumb.”

6 Likes

Where can I buy a MDPRKGA hat?

5 Likes

You got that right!

In a serious way, that’s actually what Kim Jong Un is going for in his cult of personality. I’m reading Anna Fifield’s biography of Kim Jong Un and she notes that he’s purposely modelling himself in looks and even voice after his grandfather, Kim Il Sung. That’s because there is real nostalgia for those times in North Korea. The reign of Un’s father Kim Jong Il is associated with famine and bad times in part because he came to power in the early 1990s when the economy of the DPRK collapsed because the Soviet Union ceased to exist and China became less interested in supporting what was even by their standards a repressive regime.

4 Likes

Well, he has the looks to pull this off.

2 Likes

I heard the reason he was floating the idea last week of people injecting bleach: he didn’t think his base was white enough. Ba dum bum.

3 Likes

Biden should start going with the slogan “Make America America Again”.

3 Likes

I think we ought to be careful about the lens through which we may view this.

This is extremely effective propaganda, to not just play to, but to actually expand his base. Everyone who has ever been called “racist” and resented it will identify with it. Remember what lit up people for Hitler was a book entitled “my struggle.”

He’s president, he won, and he is still the victim. They don’t see monumental f-ck up. They see someone’s whose every mistake is seized upon by his enemies and they’re happy to see him fight them by never admitting doing wrong. They see him as still being the underdog they need to back in every fight.

2 Likes