Kindergarten teacher imagines calmly talking to Trump like the child that he is

Originally published at: Kindergarten teacher imagines calmly talking to Trump like the child that he is | Boing Boing

13 Likes

I taught kindergarten for a year. Even the worst behaved kid (I still remember you Colin) was more mature than him.

26 Likes

The FBI director is now wishing he’d known about her before the raid. She would have been very useful.

Seriously, though, this is exactly the kind of caring, nurturing, and patient person that right-wingers have disdain for as teachers and parents.

26 Likes

That’s because most children have to face consequences for their actions at some point. Trump is kind of like the kid from that Twilight Zone episode who had godlike powers which made any form of discipline impossible. Even now his supplicants tiptoe around him and shower him with praise for fear of being sent into the cornfield during primary season.

18 Likes

She asked if he felt “safe”! No American kid deserves to feel safe in school. Burn her!

/s

5 Likes

No coincidence that I still find that episode to be the most frightening of all their episodes… and being turned into a Jack-in-the-Box would be nothing compared to where Trump and the GOP are taking us.

TWJITB

11 Likes

Comparing Trump to a child is obviously insulting and dehumanizing to children. We wouldn’t find it appropriate to analogize him to any other broad demographic group (“Psychiatric nurse imagines talking to Trump like the mental case he really is!” “Tiktoker talks to Trump like he’s an uppity emotional woman!”), but kids as a group of humans we’re all still pretty comfortable treating like crappy non-, semi-, or proto- humans.

I’d deffo recommend this short editorial by Dr. Peter Gray in Psychology Today on why it’s probably not a great habit to treat “childish” as an epithet:

3 Likes

Her new one explains why he can’t get any lawyers.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.