@Knoxblox's Blank Canvas

Feels like anything’s better than what I’m working with now. Trying to post my own images or even logging into Discourse are easy ways to close my tabs or even crash my tablet at this time.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Explanations about these paintings coming soon…

I accidentally pulled a little money in a bank transfer instead of pushing it (basically going the wrong way) and got dinged with a $40 “courtesy fee”. Just trying to head off the domino fall with another sale or two if I can before tomorrow.
The only relief I see coming is a personal check via USPS, so who knows when that’s going to arrive…

I’m trying to post more images by end of day if Discourse will cooperate. The clouds, the surf one, and the cat.

2 Likes

Okay, not a cat, but squeezing this one in here because it’s done. My aunt’s late pupper Pogo.

Touching up the clouds tonight, and will post soon.

9 Likes

I know the bank mistake is on me, but the fine took a chunk out of the rent I was going to pay last Friday.

I need to make $125 to tread water (completion of rent and food). $200+ would finally put me on an upward trajectory, and help with a concrete plan to leave Tijuana in the next year for a more economically viable location to live and work.

If anyone knows someone looking for a unique gift or home decor, I’d appreciate the referral. Time is running out.

1 Like

Well, if you need a new comment, to post again…

Sorry, I’m unsure what you mean.

1 Like

Discourse posting limits. Sorry, but I can’t do much more until tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m really hating Discourse right now. I think I’ve rebooted 15+ times today.

3 Likes

Here’s the clouds commission…sunrise over Tijuana.

It’s a little difficult to take photos of larger paintings. I don’t have a stabilizer, so this is the best focus I get on a 2nd generation cell camera.

12 Likes

Finishing the two La Jolla paintings, one is a commission, one will be up for grabs – sea lions sunning themselves at Seal Point. They’ll be large ones, 24"X15".

Still seeking a sale or two to stabilize the living situation…

4 Likes

Ugh. Couldn’t paint on Sunday, due to the Loud Neighbors and friends gathering in the street, opening their car trunks and blasting the bass for 9+ hours, in shifts.

Monday I mailed out some more paintings.

I also took a bad tumble Monday night, and my ribcage hurts today. I tried to jump down from a 2-foot curb, and couldn’t support myself on the landing. Went down like a bag of wet sand.
I guess this is a combination of Prednisone and sedentary-style work. Maybe I should start finding ways to get more exercise.

3 Likes

Just saw these! Lovely!

2 Likes

Progress on one of the La Jolla paintings…I was out of commission for a few days after my fall. I really hurt my ribs, and moving around was quite painful, but feeling better now.

I’m still stuck just short of being in a solid financial position. If anyone is interested in this one, I will be finished with it shortly. Soooo close to being able to start working toward a better place to live where I can earn income locally. Europe perhaps.

Food has run out again, and I just need to make a sale so I can eat and buy some clumping kitty litter, so if anyone has a connection to someone looking for an extra special gift or some home decor, give me a shout. I can do custom work.

I do have some good news. I’m making a trade with a fellow BBer for a Galaxy Tab which should have a better camera than I have now, so I’ll be able to revive my social platforms again this following week and post pictures there.
Patreon, Instagram, etc.

ETA: Also, rocks are hard. I mean, difficult.

11 Likes

Just to clarify, I’ve been on this hamster wheel for a while, with sales always falling just short of the line.
If I can earn roughly $500 through the next week or so, I can start thriving (as a fellow BBer puts it), by being ahead of the bills/rent.

4 Likes

That is beautiful

2 Likes

Once I’m finished, it’ll be better. :paintbrush:

And the other La Jolla one, too.

4 Likes

Just a quick post before I dive into an all-nighter to finish these La Jolla paintings…

A lighthouse at Port Austin, in Michigan. The painting is going to a pair of lighthouse fans after varnish day.

Photo taken with the Galaxy Tab A I got in trade. Let me know if it seems like the focus is better.

10 Likes

I’ve seen this one in person. It’s pretty amazing. The photo actually does it justice.

5 Likes