Kremlin's favorite candidate Jill Stein refuses to call Putin a war criminal during interview

Originally published at: Kremlin's favorite candidate Jill Stein refuses to call Putin a war criminal during interview - Boing Boing

7 Likes

… ah yes, the ritual slagging of the third-party candidates

What did Cornel West do wrong today :thinking:

5 Likes

He lost his bid to get on the ballot in PA, so it seems like he’s getting it right today.

7 Likes

She and Trump seem quite careful not to hurt Vladimir’s feelings. Especially odd for a Green Party candidate to be so protective of an oil tycoon without any concern for the environment. I don’t know what a post Putin Russia looks like, I do hope whoever/whatever succeeds him spills tea on who they bought in the West.

21 Likes

It breaks my heart that America doesn’t have a Green Party that can do better than Jill Stein.

28 Likes

I knew people who supported Stein in 2016 out of “principle.” Basically the same idiots who supported RFK Jr. in 2024.

12 Likes

Are you implying that Stein doesn’t deserve this criticism? There have been questions about her being shored up and promoted by the Kremlin for years, and they seem pretty credible. And I have no idea what Cornel West did today, if anything, but Marianne Williamson (who isn’t running as a 3rd party, technically, but she’s still trying to be something) backed up Vance and Trump’s accusations about Haitians eating pets. Maybe the question should be, why are our 3rd party candidates always so awful?

31 Likes

You don’t say?

13 Likes

In an alternate universe…

Bunbain: Vlad Putin, is he a war criminal? YES OR NO.

Stein: Well, you see, we–

Bunbain: YES OR NO JILL? YES OR NO OR GTFO!

Stein: You need to understa–

Bunbain: GET OUT, GET! OUT! (flips table)

…reading the interview made me feel like i was losing my mind, i couldn’t even finish. Like, you’re so transparently a Putin apologist: just own it, be a grown-up, and say No!

11 Likes

In Stein’s world, ‘strong support across the world’ apparently stretches from Mar-a-Lago’s golden toilets to Moscow’s Red Square.

I don’t think people talk enough about the golden toilets. If there was ever a dividing line between the rich and everyone else…it HAS to be this. It should be brought up every time a MAGA supporter tries to claim Dumph as part of their tribe.

If I was on the Harris/Walz Meme Team there would be posts every day about reminding folks that golden appliances are not normal.

9 Likes

Doggone it why did Kusturica have to be there. His “Arizona Dream” is such a delightful movie, and “Black Cat White Cat” is pretty great too.

3 Likes

Should we take back all the mean things we’ve said about RFK jr?

13 Likes

If she’s waffling, there’s a chance she’ll blurt out “yes, I support Putin!”

6 Likes

I wonder how useful an idiot Stein is for Putin at this point.

7 Likes

2 Likes

How exactly do I resolve this exchange:

Mehdi Hasan: Either you’re a war criminal or you’re not. Is Vladimir Putin a war criminal?

Jill Stein: In so many words, yes he is.

with the title to this hit piece:

Kremlin’s favorite candidate Jill Stein refuses to call Putin a war criminal during interview

Anyone?

That’s some very selective editing of her statements you just did there.

Just because someone isn’t an “establishment” candidate doesn’t mean they’d be a good candidate or an effective leader. In her own words:

if you are a world leader, you don’t begin your conversation by calling someone a war criminal unless you have a…

OK, so how the fuck does she expect to build a political coalition in her own country if she is calling Biden a war criminal but hesitant to do the same for Putin??

18 Likes

How long did it take to get to that point?

The title isnt accurate, but that waffling is just as damaging, since he had to basically corner her

12 Likes

Just because you didn’t quote all the times she refused doesn’t mean they weren’t in the conversation too. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

My guess is it has something to do with how going 3rd party, especially running for President, is playing American Politics on max difficulty.
Anyone with talent/wide-appeal who is ambitious or wants to actually achieve anything anytime soon finds it easier to link up with the Big Two. So 3rd Parties are left scraping the bottom of the political barrel.

6 Likes