Green Party's Jill Stein launches 2024 presidential bid

Originally published at: Green Party's Jill Stein launches 2024 presidential bid | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Oh, for fuck’s sake. :roll_eyes:

40 Likes

Jill Stein isn’t just incapable of winning, she would be a terrible person for the job even if she could somehow win. She is a Putin apologist vaccine skeptic who has little leadership experience and has demonstrated no ability to build a political coalition. Being pro-environment isn’t enough.

47 Likes
20 Likes

Thanks to her we got TFG in 2016, so she can f-ck right off.

18 Likes

Has she done nothing in the years since her candidacies to understand why we have two parties? It’s the voting system we use that pushes people to one side or the other. A third party vote is a wasted vote and may even be detrimental to one’s own well being if it leads to your least favorite candidate taking the seat instead. If you’re too thick to grasp this, you’re not qualified to be a president. Go away, Jill Stein.

14 Likes
4 Likes

So she will split the Trump loving plague spreading whackadoodle vote along with RFK Jr.

5 Likes

and that fine gentleman Joe Manchin has just declared that he’s not running for his senate seat (thereby putting the whole senate up for grabs -sigh-) and is going to go “tour the country” …which is code for finding out if he can get his benighted third party “No Labels” some support (to feed to its super rich donors). This is not good news, as we all know the most likely effect third parties have is on improving the chances of candidates who should not have any chances. f’@#$!!!

8 Likes

“Oh please… oh please!”

6 Likes

Vladimir Putin Laugh GIF - Vladimir Putin Laugh Lol - Discover & Share GIFs

6 Likes

You know what? The Democrats need to find some far left Democrat to run for his Senate seat. Give the voters there a real choice and see what happens. If they run another conservative Democrat, the Republican will win. The only reason Manchin kept winning was because of name recognition and incumbency. Since we’re probably losing that seat anyway, throw a Hail Mary.

21 Likes

Coal money and 'murica.

9 Likes

Oh Jill Stein, I still loathe you for siphoning off just enough of Hillary’s support for Trump to get in and here you are now!

I’ve been firmly anyone but Trump 2024, but Jill you’ll be happy to know I added you to my big list of nopes.

6 Likes

That too. But that money is probably not going to go behind whatever Democrat decides to run for that seat. It’s going to go to the Republican, I would bet. So even more reason to run a lefty. They probably won’t win, but what the hell. Sometimes people can surprise you. Give West Virginia a real choice for a change.

9 Likes

Pulling for the Mountaineers! But the gQp is up to their cheat’n ways there too…

West Virginia’s House of Delegates passed its redistricting map Wednesday amid sharp criticism from Democrats that the new single-member district system for all 100 delegates was weighted heavily in favor of supermajority Republicans.

Speaking of Mountaineers, I learned that the Mountain Party is affiliated with Jill’s Green Party.

8 Likes

Nah, the Trump lovers are going to support Trump regardless. Best we can hope for is that she and RFK split the Biden-hating vote.

8 Likes

It’s possible, but it also depends on how radical the Republican is? I said in another thread that the extremism seems to be wearing thin for people…

Ah, but what if Trump is out because of legal reasons, and it’s someone else… who will the trumpers vote for?

9 Likes

Thread from 2016.
Has a picture of Princess Pricklypants.

3 Likes

The GOP candidate is probably going to be the current WV governor, Jim Justice. He’s bog-standard for the party anymore.

4 Likes