Green Party's Jill Stein launches 2024 presidential bid

Is he a MAGA guy?

5 Likes

I was hoping someone would post this.

1 Like

Probably write in for Trump. Not sure how that would work on a machine. Maybe sharpy on the screen?

6 Likes

That should be the campaign slogan.

1 Like

He’s a whatever makes Jabba more money kind of guy.

4 Likes

FB_IMG_1475288055365

16 Likes

“Ok, boomer.” (did I do that right?)

1 Like

real housewives of orange county GIF

6 Likes

She’s RFK Jr. without the name recognition. That the Greens didn’t ask him to be their nominee and instead went once again with this two-time loser shows how sclerotic the party is (in addition to being welcoming to conspiracists).

If a progressive Dem won, it would also put paid to the Dem establishment’s long-standing bogus claim that they “have to” appease backstabbing DINOs like Manchin and Sinema.

11 Likes

I’m gonna guess she understood it.

9 Likes

Like Ralph Nader who tipped the 2000 election to W, she’s either a naive idealist or worse Russian puppet. What’s with the Green Party in the US?

2 Likes

Dear Jill Stein,

If you actually care about your purported agenda and really want to advance it, try running for office at the state level first. Publicity stunt presidential campaigns are the playground of narcissistic assholes.

P.S. If you are, in fact, just a narcissistic asshole (as I very much suspect), I am sure that you would have better luck running for the Duma.

11 Likes

The only candidate currently in the race is Zach Shrewsbury, who seems to be reasonably left-wing (as well as being a very large, shaven-headed, bearded Marine Corps veteran). The top 3 sections of his platform are “Environmental Justice” (in West Virginia), “Racial Justice” and “Investment in Union Jobs”.

8 Likes

Came here to say

Oh, fuck right off.

5 Likes

Durn right. No more pizzaburgers. Pizzaburgers – Pluralistic: Daily links from Cory Doctorow

3 Likes

He should have worked on that analogy a bit more, because while a pizzaburger isn’t a thing and sounds terrible, hamburger pizza is very much a thing and some people really like it. But yes, I get what he’s saying. And actually, now that I think about it, pizza burgers are a thing. I’ve had one. They’re not bad. It’s a hamburger with mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, and sometimes pepperoni as toppings. Yeah, I agree with the political sentiment, but he needs to ditch that analogy and get a new one.

3 Likes

I honestly have no idea if there are more Republicans who are finally fed up with Trump, and will switch to an RFK/Stein vote, or more Democrats who say “but Biden 's too ooold!” and will switch to an RFK/Stein vote.

My worry is that Trump’s voters are more locked in. The people who are already going to vote for him will do so, and the people who won’t won’t. Biden’s are more wobbly. So there may be more people who will vote a straight Democrat ticket down the line but will put in some stupid protest vote for Stein.

1 Like

Spoiler alert…

12 Likes

I see what you did there!

6 Likes

I mean, I want to see her debate with 10 other Green candidates even if they’re all her, so there’s an instance of somebody processing that stuff? Or hell, I’m The Main Character-ing 100% of the Republican Oxygen (tailgate fluid? methanol clathrate?) and/or brownfield Recent American History to Nullialostok.

Also yeah, Doctorow’s final Pizzaburgers paragraph seems to conflict itself. Champion component for minimal-words/steps Find The F------- Logic game.

Also, a pizza-ish burger is not a pizzaburger, although I feel like I’m ready to order a gumbo calzone maybe? (Is that a Sayonara, Zetsubo-Sensei ep?) Perhaps if 2 deep-dish crusts could be constructed Boboli-stylee, filled with roasted red peppers and artichoke, seiten, cheese or a successor, then in between would be a carmelized 1" layer of vidalia onion slices? Then a recognizable 5" thick (12-16" wide) cube steak burger made out of mostly veg. emulating your likely choice cuts of beef for it. Only one is (after) wagyu. Similar to what Tig Notaro says I want to see a solid 50% (min. veg. content.) Want cheese with that? Wheel of imported Manchego, from Manchego Spain. Ships with a sharp 9 in. 10" deep blade superoleophobic knife in the returnable pine or hybrid chestnut box’s hinge. ($6 if you keep the knife, it’s biodegradable fiberglass.) Order five, frozen for the holidays! Order 3 and they come with glitterbombs until you confirm delivery. Specify if glitter to be edible.

2 Likes