Kristi Noem doubles down on puppy slaying

5 Likes

IMG_0224

13 Likes

With that meme, her newfound “google problem” reminds me of Rick Santorum a few decades back. With a key difference being that Rick Santorum didn’t actually come up with the idea in the first place.

6 Likes

A horrible thought occurred to me about something that – upon reflection – wouldn’t have stopped her from killing the puppy.

Dogs (and more so cats, btw) can be born deaf, making them more difficult to train. Impatient or unobservant owners of such dogs may not realize their dogs’ condition and therefore fail to take that into account when attempting to train them.

12 Likes

I like horses. Rode one (“Blondie”) in Boy Scout summer camp. One scout in our troop was always on me for no reason; we never interacted. Evil guy. That summer his horse kicked him in the knee when he spooked it from behind. Went down rolling around on the ground near horse droppings. Sent him to the hospital and away from summer camp that year.

I like horses.

20 Likes

Oh, one must use at least 101 pelts to get that truly exquisite flow and swirl, dahlink.

7 Likes

I like horses, too, esp that horse in particular.

12 Likes

But… I think sometimes animals really see asshole humans more clearly than other people do.

13 Likes

Oh, absolutely. There’s a tumblr post re: animals - dogs, cats, and horses - warning about/protecting against abusers. Here’s one of the stories from that post.

catscatsholyshitcats

I’ve never owned dogs, but I used to work with horses (which are a lot like big dogs).

There was this one horse I worked with named Tonto. He was a doll. He followed me like a puppy, snuck treats out of my pocket, he was the sweetest thing. We were practically inseparable.

A guy I was considering dating came to visit me one day, and Tonto wanted NOTHING to do with him. Normally well behaved, he shoved himself between us and would NOT let this guy near me. He was stomping, acting really aggressive, and tried to bite the guy. This horse was practically dragging me back toward the barn. At that moment, despite being like, 17, I knew something was up, and ultimately things didn’t pan out for guy and me.

A year later I found out he had lied about his age (he said he was 18 but he was actually 27) he was arrested for sexually assaulting an 11 year old girl.

TRUST THE ANIMALS.

The complete post:

May wanna keep the kleenex handy while reading that post.

16 Likes

29 Likes

Their last paragraph:

The bottom line

Let’s be sure Noem doesn’t spin this into a story about a gun-toting woman who’s just working the land versus us howling snowflake, woke libs.

Noem has managed to harness the unthinkable: Former Biden press secretary Jen Psaki and former Fox News host Megyn Kelly agree: Cricket deserved to live.

Your life was short, Cricket, but you’ve managed to unite the country. Rest in Power.

18 Likes

The worst take I’ve seen so far was a prominent right-wing pundit I won’t name here who was furious at his fellow conservatives for getting upset about the dog-slaying when (in his words) “liberal politicians have bragged about killing their own children.” Which I assume is how he describes any woman brave enough to go public about having had an abortion, regardless of the circumstances or medical need.

19 Likes

Noem has practice with dealing with those “other horses”…

6 Likes

Bless the beasts and the children.

5 Likes

Seen on the internets.

19 Likes

From Colbert:

10 Likes
10 Likes

The cruelty is the point- she’s trying to get in good with Daddy Drumpf.

6 Likes

The horse handler at the camp taught us how to “brush” our horses, something they (and we) enjoyed immensely, but instead of brushes, we were instructed to use **palm-sized smooth flat stones laying around (??) and were told to brush our mounts front to back. The warning about startling them when brushing (more like smoothing, in my opinion) near their hindquarters was loud and clear. I suppose the bully’s… cavalier attitude and approach to living things caught up with him.

** Is that a thing in horse world?

8 Likes

Funnily enough, I genuinely thought this was Noem’s doubling-down. It honestly tracked just fine and I had no problem believing it.

7 Likes