Kushner says Trump can't help Black people who don’t “want to be successful”

Discount Slenderman is right–if people really cared about bettering themselves, they’d make sure they were born into a wealthy real estate family. It’s not rocket science; how hard can it be, he did it when he was a baby for goodness sake!

27 Likes

Telling the truth can help people break out of being glass-eyed marionettes controlled by their fathers-in-law, but Jared can’t become a real boy unless he wants to become a real boy.

19 Likes

Ewww. No please. None for me.

2 Likes

Successful…like Herman Cain? This sleazy, sycophantic son of a felon needs to shut up before they publish more highlights of his coronavirus task force accomplishments.

19 Likes

For a while I wondered, is he dumb enough to believe all that bullshit, or is he just a massive asshole? But then I found it’s probably both.

We can only hope he goes to jail soon, because there he could instruct his fellow inmates, who would be very happy to offer some constructive feedback about his theories.

10 Likes

With help from his father, he enrolled at Harvard University in 1999. According to journalist Daniel Golden, Kushner’s father made a donation of $2.5 million to the University in 1998, not long before Jared was admitted.

I just want to point out I am sure if your father has the wealth/resources to donate $2.5 million, then you cannot by definition be a “self-made” millionaire.

oh wait…that was sarcasm. you forgot the /s Mark :wink:

8 Likes

I don’t know which universe is more pathetic:

• where he says the things he does, knowing they are manifestly untrue (cynicism, deceit).
  • where he says the things he does, not knowing they are manifestly untrue (blithe ignorance).

The combo of these two things is the Republican playbook for last 3 decades.

12 Likes

any-of-my-money

35 Likes

I feel like he inherits another trait from his dad: saying things to help himself feel better/look strong in the moment with no regard to this “truth” thing he maybe heard about in like 3rd grade.

3 Likes

Sad, very sad. Pull up your boot straps they say to those in bare feet.

8 Likes

So I guess that’s a “NO” on systemic racism.

4 Likes

I suspect, even at a minimum security honor farm, Jared will wind up being passed around as a prag.

2 Likes

He said while yacht-rocking out unironically to “Fortunate Son”.

7 Likes

It’s always jaw-dropping when someone who comes from wealth and privilege starts telling everyone else, who do not come from that, how they should live their lives, but when that person’s entire list of accomplishments is literally “daddy gave it to them” it’s unbelievably perverse to tell people how to “succeed.” The lack of self-awareness is absolutely staggering.

What makes Jared such an egregious example of the phenomenon is that his prescription for how others should “succeed” is based entirely on his own lived experiences. It’s not like he’s even studied anything relevant, so it can’t be based on anything but his own experiences - and he’s spent his entire life in the most extreme bubble of privilege imaginable. He’s always, at every point, been surrounded by wealth and privilege, and at every step gotten there because of his family.

Then we get into his slum rental business, that apparently systematically engages in abusive and predatory (and downright illegal) practices that steals money from poor people. Which means, even if he hadn’t come from wealth and privilege, even if he did have some understanding of what it took to succeed, he’d still be unfit to deliver the message.

19 Likes

Has anyone ever seen a more punchable face? You’d have thought the shoggoth could do a better job after so many years’ practice hiding amongst human beings.

9 Likes

It continually boggles my mind that the expression, “pull yourself up by your own bootstraps,” which originated as absurd humor as it describes something physically impossible, gets used, unironically, as a metaphor to demand people do, by definition… the impossible. The very expression acts as a repudiation of those who use it seriously.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pull_oneself_up_by_one's_bootstraps

17 Likes

21 Likes

Well, I dunno, Trump Jr’s. coked-out mug is pretty strong competition there. But yes, I admit either would be absolutely satisfying to pop right in the nose o.o’ .

1 Like

Was he a white male in the early 20th century? Then he was born into privilege even if he was a poor farmer. I keep having to remind myself that even if I (white male) was born into destitute poverty at the turn of the century, I still had the option of upward mobility. Many people still don’t have that (hence BLM). As a society, we’ve still got a long way to go.

But I %100 agree with the face-punching comment about “earning” his white privilege. Fucker.

5 Likes

20 Likes