Kwumsy, a keyboard with a built-in display for your computer

Originally published at: Kwumsy, a keyboard with a built-in display for your computer | Boing Boing

3 Likes

… so, a “laptop” then :confused:

1 Like

Don’t knock a radical new concept until you’ve tried it! This could be the disruptive game changer the IT industry has been waiting for!

2 Likes

I’m on my phone.

I saw this post, scrolled the comments tapped on the article and then within a couple seconds, if that, I switched to my Facebook app, the very first ad at the top of my feed was for a mechanical keyboard with a screen and a dock for a phone.

That is bonkers how fast those magical algorithms work.

1 Like

I think the catnip here is “mechanical keyboard”.

It wasn’t until my mum wanted a Bluetooth keyboard for her tablet and said she preferred “those clicky buttons” that I started searching for that term and found a full-on nerd subculture. I had no idea - there are literally tribes of people talking about how they would die for various tactile standards; people selling programable LED schemes (why??); size, language, layout preferences for specific games being played, custom key designs and pimping - its just nuts!

1 Like

I got this from a former employers office, when they closed it a year ago, the guy who made it had a nice collection, and it was for the release of a game…

2 Likes

Looks like this when it’s on:

2 Likes

e51eb5674451d6781de65a3056063028693e8c14_2_500x500

7 Likes

Jake is so on point…

This device would be perfect for sys admins - I’m sure I’ve seen similar previously, instant KVM for the racks room. Just plug in to the server in question without needing a crash cart.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.