Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty of killing two unarmed people

What that’s word that starts with “t” and rhymes with “rolling”…

14 Likes
  • Kyle Rittenhouse is playing twelve-dimensional chess
  • Kyle Rittenhouse is just trolling everybody
  • Kyle Rittenhouse is dumb as a rock
  • Kyle Rittenhouse is dumber than a rock
0 voters
5 Likes

Refresh my memory…how many dimensions did Trump’s chess game have, and how many of those are curled up into small spaces, weeping to themselves?

7 Likes

“I support peacefully demonstrating,” the teen told Carlson, according to a transcript of the interview. “I believe there needs to be change. I believe there’s a lot of prosecutorial misconduct, not just in my case but in other cases. It’s just amazing to see how much a prosecutor can take advantage of someone.”

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

15 Likes

Do The Right Thing Reaction GIF by Bounce

3 Likes

What? That’s basically what that article I linked said. That we all made assumptions and silly us people for just believing what we were told

They don’t want consistency, just better marketing in that moment. Claiming to support BLM in that moment changes the discussion from a lynching to vigilante justice in support of law and order. It is basically the same as what Nixon did. He was famously racist, but ran on the disturbances caused by the Civil Rights Movement rather than a clear voiced opposition to those rights. How many Fox News viewers have their own fantasy of shooting ‘looters’, but would deny a desire to engage in a racially motivated murder?

5 Likes

He shot three people to defend a car lot. He cares more about used cars than people who are protesting for basic human rights for all people. He can fuck right off.

16 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

The only “assumption” that was false was that he crossed state lines with the AR. The rest are all accurate.

5 Likes

FTFY. In a civil court, the standard of proof for this claim will be “preponderance of the evidence”, right? They will have to balance out a bunch of people motivated to lie about the location of the gun against the likelihood that someone who would take an AR to a demonstration would not cross state lines? Getting the family together to agree on the story about the location of the gun was probably the smartest move that Rittenhouse’s lawyers made (other than getting the trial in front of Schroeder maybe).

8 Likes

Sure, “brown people are scary” is its own thing for white people (and not even restricted to men, necessarily), but that’s an “othering” issue. Whereas I sometimes I hear dudes talking about making a woman obviously nervous by being alone with her in an elevator/on a dark street/etc., and they assume it’s because she was racist, and my response is, “Well, maybe, but have you considered that just being a man was enough to make her reasonably nervous?” The idea that the fear exists, and understandably so, is a blind spot for all men.

7 Likes

Oh, absolutely. I was just saying that in the far right mindset “their” women are supposed to find all white men non-threatening but they’re also supposed to find all non-white men threatening.

That there is a very valid reason for all women to be wary of all men is correct but doesn’t figure into the far right mindset, except as a fig leaf for their sexism and racism.

5 Likes

And now we have this jerk weighing in. What an embarrassment to my home town and state.

7 Likes

Seems like an excellent opportunity to prosecute Teddy for illegal arms dealing…

10 Likes
17 Likes

He cried for himself not anyone else. It is a look that macho men don’t respect. If it makes any of them think “Shit, I could turn into a sniveling crybaby even if I’ve done nothing wrong” then that would be a good thing.

2 Likes

More on comparisons between the Rittenhouse and Kizer cases:

21 Likes

Oh we all know what the outcome is going to be, and how the people defending Rittenhouse and that judge will justify it…

13 Likes

deja vu:

Perhaps it has something to do with the motion they filed to prevent the prosecution from calling Arbery a victim, which they say unfairly suggests their clients’ guilt

1 Like