L.A. County undersheriff admits to having police gang tattoo

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/01/another-undersheriff-admits-to-having-cop-gang-tattoo.html

9 Likes

All Cops Are Cavemen

12 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the whole LASD organisation has to be razed to the ground a re-built from scratch.

23 Likes

It took me a couple of seconds to parse what was going on here:

Murakami could not identify any women or Black people who were members of the Cavemen, but said he thought there were some. He also testified that he did not think it would be illegal for a deputy gang to discriminate against either group.

Then I realized my confusion was because you don’t see a lot of lawsuits targeting violent gangs for gender and racial discrimination. I wonder how they ended up going down the rabbit hole of how HR might act in a criminal organization? Or in this case, a criminal organization (violent gangs) inside a larger criminal organization (cops).

8 Likes

Agree 100% with the first part. About the second, well, which police functions do we really need? And which could be better handled by a different sort of organization?

9 Likes

FTFY  

14 Likes

Air Caveman GIF

8 Likes

14 Likes

Oh no, you see, he just randomly got this precise tattoo - and knew exactly how many people had gotten it before him - based on a vague notion that was floating around, not because he was emulating any specific co-workers. Because that’s totally how group tattoos work, right?

(It occurs to me that his assertion is only remotely possible if so many of his coworkers at the time got fired/left the job that he’s not sure, of the people he knows had the tattoo, are still working as sheriffs in that department and didn’t have the tattoo removed because it’s incriminating. But even that is not particularly plausible.)

8 Likes

You know, Untergruppenführer had tattoos as well.

2 Likes

And Obergruppenführer too?

1 Like

What do you think?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.