Oh, sorry, force of habit…

1 Like
9 Likes

Also, classic:

7 Likes

But no crackers, then.

(ETA or dog biscuits, I guess.)

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Rott-poos, Bichonweilers and Pit Yorkies.

2 Likes

ChihuaDanes

3 Likes

Or Cocker Span-Curs

1 Like

And if you breed two different types of dog together (like say, oh I don’t know, a collie and a dalmation) do you end up with a Collation?

King Henry VIII was a dog breeder. After breaking with Rome, he bred Engish Pointers and Mastiffs and he ended up with an English Pointiff.

7 Likes

Scottweilers.

3 Likes

Andrew Neil? (That is a very local UK joke, I suspect.)

1 Like

Don’t tell me that my future isn’t eternal cuteness!!

4 Likes

My nephew has one named Buddy. He’s an idiot. The dog, I mean.

That’s going to require a turkey baster.

3 Likes

Stone Temple Pointer

2 Likes

Sounds like he had better success with dogs than heirs…

2 Likes

I have a Border Spinone, half Border Collie and half Spinone. I’ve invented a new breed. Useful to shred cardboard, bark at bikers and lookin sadly at everyone with biscuits.

3 Likes

Yeah there are flat faced cat breeds that have similar problems. There is a movement to change the breed standard but as you’d expect there’s a lot of push back because people are horrible.

2 Likes

Although I am sick of all the -----doddles I see, it’s unfair to single them out as “bad” dogs because of the shitty breeding practices of puppy mills. The issue is puppy mills and unscrupulous breeders, and it’s an issue for a lot of “purebred” dogs. The sooner we can step away from considering breed the most important thing about a dog the better.

People love the idea that if they get x kind of dog that they can predict its behaviour/temperment/intelligence, but that isn’t the way it works. Certain breeds have certain tendencies, for sure, but within any breed there is tremendous individual variation. There are agressive labrador retrievers and there are stupid border collies. It is not an accident that most of these breeds were “created” in the 19th c. when many people had similar ideas about the racial differences among humans… just sayin’

4 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with everything this man says. I own a labradoodle, and the dog is totally nuts. Just off the wall hyper and refractory to any kind of training. Worst dog I’ve ever owned. Glad I didn’t pay for it, we adopted it as a puppy from a family friend who decided she couldn’t handle it (big surprise). The idea that someone else actually paid $1000 for this dog is hilarious to me. She should ask for her money back.

This fellow’s confession has led me to have second thoughts about creating a pug - coyote hybrid.

5 Likes