Large steer towers over puny wagyu cattle

Photoshop! Oh… you already have that covered. Then I’ll say egads, that is one huge steer. If he was a hippo that lady wouldn’t be smiling… because hippos are hungry.

2 Likes

Ungainly as it is, the hippopotamus is the world’s deadliest large land mammal, killing an estimated 500 people per year in Africa. Hippos are aggressive creatures, and they have very sharp teeth.

AND
Cows officially the most deadly large animals in Britain

Of course, in Australia, whence this uber-bovine originates, a six foot cow is not going to deter any Australian, seeing as ALL wildlife there is trying to kill you.

7 Likes

Oh, don’t get your knickers in a twist… especially not this one!

1 Like

At first i thought it was one of these monsters:

Double-muscled mutations for the win!

2 Likes

Of course, the historic size of cattle was typically much smaller. It’s only in the past century or so that we’ve bred them to be today’s size. I saw a story on that recently but cannot find it again. But there is this:
http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/history/cattle.html

2 Likes

I can almost see the wikipedia entry for your fictitious band:

“. . . .forming out of the alt-county foundation present in Austin, TX burgeoning bar band scene of the early 2000’s, Giant Steer initially called themselves “Giant Steer Too Big To Slaughter.” After playing locally for three years and building a solid reputation for driving steel-pedal guitar players insane, Giant Steer was on the verge of breaking up when luck came their way. Garnering interest from a number of smaller labels after a well-received performance opening for The Flaming Lips secret concert at the 2006 South by Southwest Festival, Matador Records signed the band on the condition that they shorten their name due to the fact that “. . .it’s just too damn long to fit on a CD sleeve.””

12 Likes

:laughing: I believe you have a career as a publicist calling out for you!

6 Likes

Too big to fillet.

14 Likes

Beefcake! Beefcake!

6 Likes

Thanks, but (if you’ve ever seen “This Is Spinal Tap”) the stuff practically writes itself. As for being a publicist, sigh same problem as the folks who tell me that my distinctive voice would be perfect for voiceovers but they (and I) have no idea how to get into the field. I mean, I can see myself walking around an entertainment district wearing a sandwich board sign saying “Will Publicize For Food” but would it work?

4 Likes

6 Likes

What, no T-bone Walker cover? For shame! :wink:

5 Likes

Start a youtube channel where you add funny voiceovers to existing videos.

For a good example, track down the show, “Fishing with John”.

3 Likes

I was really hoping for a Jaws reference… guess i’ll have to be the one to make it

Though really i want this bull to not be slaughtered so i prefer this:

index

10 Likes

I don’t need to, I’m intimately familiar with that early 90’s gem. Okay, thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

That’s not what a knacker does. They generally handle whole carcasses, not just small amputated bits.

2 Likes

I saw it said elsewhere that the others aren’t exactly minicows, but they’re a Wagyu (meat) breed that’s generally smaller than Holstein-Friesian cows. And Knickers is huge for a H-F.

3 Likes
1 Like

Even an auroch, a probable ancestor of domestic cattle, would have been around 180 cm.

1 Like

Better steer clear of this one.

3 Likes