Large truck rescue goes badly. Really, really badly

Both are Americanisms

victory from jaws of defeat 1850
defeat from jaws of victory 1891

6 Likes

“You’re gonna need a bigger crane.”

1 Like
4 Likes

Al Ackerman was my favorite Detroit sportscaster when I was a kid. He said of a particularly depressing Tigers game, “The Tigers have once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.”

2 Likes

The mansplaining and armchair rigging happening in this thread is priceless.

4 Likes

Triple over time wages to clean this mess up. Could take a year or more.

1 Like

One can see that the lines on the rear-crane were slack at the point where the forward crane (lifting at the middle of the trailer) continued lifting up and releasing the trailer wheels/frame from the road-parapet – allowing the trailer to swing out to where-gravity-intended-it-to-be before either crane operator had the chance to reposition or retract their extended booms so that gravity’s choice would match their own.

Even with hand-lifting large items, I find that some people are a help, and others are on some completely different wavelength from me and do things that put me in unbalanced positions.

I guess there must have been a good reason why they didn’t detach the tractor from the trailer and/or spread the hoists further apart.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.