๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

Authorities downplayed the political and racial context of the shooting, saying it grew out of a traffic dispute.

The judge, noting McKinneyโ€™s lack of criminal history and honorable discharge from the military, ordered two sentences to run concurrently, for a maximum of 10 years. There is no mandatory minimum to serve before McKinney becomes eligible for parole.

This sounds like they bent over backwards to give him the most lenient sentence possible. For SHOOTING INTO A CROWDED CAR! Itโ€™s a miracle that nobody was killed.

Trump supporters criticized authorities for charging McKinney, arguing that his shot protected rallygoers by scaring the car away and noting that McKinney frequented pro-police โ€œBack the Blueโ€ rallies.

I donโ€™t even know what to say to that

17 Likes

Apparently, it was an Airsoft replica, but itโ€™s still menacing if the victim doesnโ€™t know it.

Oh, and the PPB, being petulant toddlers, did nothing.

Thatโ€™s a white Texas on a red background. Not exactly a subtle message.

12 Likes

Whatโ€™s that again senator?

"Another carveout benefited investors of publicly traded pipeline businesses. Sen. John Cornyn, a Texas Republican, added an amendment for them to the Senate version of the bill just before it was voted on.

Without his amendment, investors who made under a certain income would have received the deduction anyway, experts told ProPublica. But for higher-income investors, a slate of restrictions kicked in. In order to qualify, they would have needed the businesses theyโ€™re invested in to pay out significant wages, and these oil and gas businesses, like real estate developers, typically do not.

Cornynโ€™s amendment cleared the way.

The trade group for these companies and one of its top members, Enterprise Products Partners, a Houston-based natural gas and crude oil pipeline company, had both lobbied on the bill. Enterprise was founded by Dan Duncan, who died in 2010.

The Trump tax bill delivered a win to Duncanโ€™s heirs. ProPublicaโ€™s data shows his four children, who own stakes in the company, together claimed more than $150 million in deductions in 2018 alone. The tax provision for โ€œsmall businessesโ€ had delivered a windfall to the family Forbes ranked as the 11th richest in the country.

In a statement, an Enterprise spokesperson wrote: โ€œThe Duncan family abides by all applicable tax laws and will not comment on individual tax returns, which are a private matter.โ€ Cornynโ€™s office did not respond to questions about the senatorโ€™s amendment."

13 Likes

Thatโ€™s exactly the point of this particular scandal. The law was shaped for their benefit.

15 Likes

I had to go back and look, but thatโ€™s definitely not a white Texas unless they are using a white cross to symbolize Texas in some white nationalized mumbo-jumbo.

3 Likes

Youโ€™re right. At the smaller resolution it looked like Texas, but that was just the white cross being distorted by the angle. When I found some higher-res pics it was clearly a white cross.

So @Doctor_Faustusโ€™s question still stands.

9 Likes

Heโ€™s probably like that kid who shot two people at the BLM march, cosplaying as a medic.

2 Likes

Wanna bet he has no idea that it has anything to do with Switzerland, and just sees it as a way to declare his white Xtian dominionist leanings? I suspect that is the most likely.

12 Likes

Sure weโ€™d all like to protect the world from the cataclysmic effects of climate change but how come AOC refuses to address the totally real nationwide epidemic of [checks notes] birds spontaneously bursting into flame due to solar power plants??

15 Likes

Still waiting on Gaetz news.

โ€œ โ€œThereโ€™s nothing to this case. Itโ€™s not some Matt Gaetz or whatever you think this is.โ€

โ€” Anton Lazzaroโ€

Wondering if Tucker will book him?

17 Likes

So, in that statement Lazarro confirms that he believes the charges against Gaetz are accurate? Good. I hope he keeps saying this as he desperately and fruitlessly attempts to save himself.

7 Likes

Soโ€ฆ even Republicans who have been indicted for underage sex trafficking think Matt Gaetz is a sleazebag?

16 Likes

Face Palm No GIF

12 Likes
12 Likes

I have seen one of those big solar farms up close, and there was no pollo asado available.

19 Likes

Texas after all is a red state, and so Abbott acting according to the preferences of the right wing of his party is simply him being responsible to the public. Even if we set aside Texas Republicansโ€™ careful and long-standing efforts to engineer a more conservative electorate, though, the present situation illustrates something deeply dysfunctional about our democracy. Something is wrong when an extreme primary electorate has such a stranglehold on a state of 29 million people that a public official believes it is against his interest to take basic steps to keep his own constituents alive.

13 Likes
17 Likes

Colorado secretary of state accuses county clerkโ€™s office of assisting QAnon-affiliated leak of voting machine logins.

It was caught this time. How many times wasnโ€™t it caught elsewhere?

13 Likes

Isnโ€™t Trump being reinstated today? Anybody know when thatโ€™s going down? I donโ€™t want to miss it.

16 Likes

Even Fox knows that Trump will be in prison by the election.

17 Likes