πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

If his website claims that Newsom won already, does that mean that Larry Elders concedes?

9 Likes

Makes sense, except that we’re now in a world where Republican asshats are increasingly stuck in β€œWe’ll never, EVER concede, grrrrrr!” mode.

10 Likes
6 Likes

One of the worst things about the 2020 election is that it set the precedent for any Republican, running for any office, anywhere, to refuse to concede a loss no matter how decisive the vote.

β€œIf conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.” β€”David Frum

15 Likes

I know she’s not GOP…yet.

13 Likes

She’s also a transphobic asshole:

The other, the β€œProtect Women’s Sports Act of 2020,” would have changed Title IX to bar trans women from participating in women’s sports in schools.

12 Likes
13 Likes

All the decorum and poise of a spoiled preschooler.

16 Likes
11 Likes

Friend? He keeps using that word, but…

16 Likes

All his interpersonal relationships are transactional and always have been. Even the relationships with his own children.

14 Likes

Right wing catholics keep forgetting that there used to be some very hardcore anti-catholic views among some American protestants. The Know Nothing party was specifically anti-catholic immigrant. Do they really think that once these Christian dominionists are done coming after Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, etc, they will not come after Catholics, too? Because they ultimately will if they get what they want.

17 Likes

Holy crapballs.

Barrett’s commitment to taking a Catholic line towards court cases should be a violation of the first amendment (essentially preventing the establishment of a state religion).

I wonder why that talking point (and the logical end of it - impeachment) doesn’t get more air time.

11 Likes

Only on the parts of Catholic doctrine that align with her own conservative views though, like abortion.

The Catholics have traditionally been aligned with the left on issues like immigration and capital punishment but you never seem to see Republicans pushing those agendas.

9 Likes

Even so, pushing policy positions based on religious tenets, even if picking and choosing and not implementing them all, which are specific to a particular sect of a particular religion, is essentially establishing a de facto state religion.

9 Likes

I’m still waiting to see how she actually rules on this issue. Even though she has stuck to the conservative path in the past, I can actually see it going the other way.

1 Like
16 Likes

Pretty much. Some good tweets in the post.

11 Likes

The fuckin’ NYT.

Assholes.

12 Likes

Quislings gonna quisling.

11 Likes