๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

Yep, the Hoover Institution has zero credibility with real academics. Stanford should worry about it harming itโ€™s reputation.

Not only were the authors relying on Austinโ€™s Chamber of Commerce, the lead author has a major conflict of interest. He is a โ€œrelocation coachโ€ for companies moving from CA to TX. Give me a break. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

17 Likes

Thatโ€™s an insult to cat piss.

15 Likes

Ones a stinky and caustic waste product, the other is cat piss.

11 Likes

14 Likes

12 Likes

From Americaโ€™s mayor to Americaโ€™s drunk uncle

14 Likes

Also - superstar lawyer doesnโ€™t know that the Titles of Nobility Amendment was never ratified?

8 Likes

โ€œNine of the jurisdictions have Republican governors and 14 have Democratic governors. The report finds โ€œno difference in crime trends between Republican-led and Democrat-led statesโ€ from 2019 to 2020. Crime rose in some blue states and fell in some blue states; it rose in some red states and fell in some red states.

And the paper said there was no apparent disparity in crime trends between states that changed police laws and states that did not.

โ€œThere seems to be a hysteria that began about a year and half ago to try and convince Americans that weโ€™re undergoing another crime wave,โ€

15 Likes

How can they say that when most major American cities were burnt to the ground several times in the summer of 2020? (In the FoxVerse.)

14 Likes

Our baseline is pretty high?

11 Likes

But those are facts. It feels like things are so much worse in blue areas! And those are alternative facts, even better than your liberal โ€œreality basedโ€ โ€œfacts.โ€ So there, with perfect, logic! (Omfg, I wish this was stupid sarcasm, but we all know better.)

11 Likes

I was driving through downtown Portland yesterday, and you wouldnโ€™t believe how quickly they can completely rebuild a city overnight, every night! It was spotless! They even rebuilt every building just like it looked the day before! /s

16 Likes

Neither you nor I are from countries where that slur is considered generic rather than misogynistic, and yet:

13 Likes

Part of my family is British, itโ€™s something I grew up with.

9 Likes

Well then, you have even more right to use it in this circumstance!

11 Likes

This is not the comment I expected from longtime right-wing asshole Joe Walsh but I guess heโ€™s been growing apart from the Trumpists in his party over the last few years, even endorsing Biden in 2020. I guess itโ€™s a good thing?

Iโ€™m not exactly ready to take it on faith that heโ€™s seen the error of his ways and joined the side of the angels but itโ€™s hard to see a path forward for America that doesnโ€™t involve more of these people starting to reflect on their past positions.

lucille

20 Likes
25 Likes

20 Likes

Politics has no place in football! /s

Locally, we have this asshole. The city council voted to rename a pedestrian bridge after a Black mayor who passed away last year, but not before hearing from one of the councilorsโ€ฆ

He said Wednesday that he heard from local people โ€œwho were upset about what they were seeingโ€ on videos from hurricane-hit areas of โ€œBlack people looting and breaking into places.โ€

โ€œIt left a bad taste in everybodyโ€™s mouth,โ€ Walker said, and caused some to worry the city was only naming the bridge for Jenkins as a carrot for the fast-growing Black community.

Yeah, sure, he โ€œheard from locals.โ€ :unamused: Iโ€™m not buying it.

Another โ€œprimeโ€ quote:

He proceeded to say that โ€œsince weโ€™ve had the floods that have happened down in Alabama and them areasโ€ โ€” perhaps a reference to the damage done by Hurricane Ida this month โ€” โ€œit really has made a black mark toward John Jenkins because of whatโ€™s going on down there with the dark-colored people breaking in, lootering, stealing and every other thing.โ€

Given all the atrocities carried out by white men, I guess we shouldnโ€™t name anything after any of them anymore.
Heโ€™s running unopposed for his seat (not my ward). :woman_facepalming:t2:

11 Likes