๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

State Sen. Bryan Hughes, an East Texas Republican who wrote the bill, denied that it requires teachers to provide opposing views about what he called matters of โ€œgood and evilโ€

oh cool. so they can talk about things like racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, the americans who originated the eugenics ideas that the nazis used, and the real history of the alamo after all. phew

oh wait. checks notes the gop gets to define whatโ€™s good and evil? well that makes no sense. chucks notes

13 Likes
15 Likes

Cool. Kinda weird tho that 90% of the article just reiterates his self-defensive reactions.

10 Likes

Holy cow I hadnโ€™t heard of thisโ€ฆ from Wikipedia:

In October 2021, Fortenberry was indicted by a federal grand jury in Los Angeles on one charge of scheming to falsify and conceal material facts and two charges of making false statements to federal investigators, regarding illegal campaign contributions his 2016 campaign received from a Nigerian-born billionaire based in France.

All these years later it turns out that the story about the exiled Nigerian Prince trying to find an American partner to wire money to was TRUE??

Kind of wish I hadnโ€™t deleted all those emails.

19 Likes

If itโ€™s a choice between figuratively killing Fox โ€œNewsโ€ host Martha MacCallum and potentially literally killing New Jersey school children via starvation, Martha can go fuck herself every day and twice on Sunday.

And then since heโ€™s no longer the chief executive the next time he breaks Twitterโ€™s TOS he gets banned again.

Can โ€œthe opposite viewโ€ be โ€œThere are people who say the Holocaust didnโ€™t exist. There are names for this group of people. โ€˜Wrongโ€™ is probably the simplest such name.โ€

10 Likes

Itโ€™s certainly the nicest.

7 Likes

Also the least imaginative. My imagination would probably get me a time-out, so yeah, wrong it is.

10 Likes
12 Likes

Thatโ€™s absolutely amazing!

I honestly wasnโ€™t aware that he had any reserves of dignity left to discard.

10 Likes

Something, something, bottomless pit.

12 Likes

All that hair dye needs to drain to somewhere. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Even Fox Weather is trying (keyword trying) to wash the stink of Fox News off of it

Amy Freeze and Craig Herrera spent a recent weekday afternoon in a TV studio at the companyโ€™s New York headquarters rehearsing, but not for a new opinion program or roundtable show, but for a streamcast focused on the most-up-to-date news about the weather. They talked about oil spills, wildfires and abrupt changes in temperature. At one point, the duo discussed the Biden administrationโ€™s support of wind power, noting that it would likely help Americans recover more quickly from power outages. A chyron imposed on a screen that captured their exchange read: โ€œBiden administration gives wind farms a boost.โ€ Sean Hannity might be seen taking issue with a Biden-backed environmental policy, but Freeze and Herrera just have a report to give. All the duoโ€™s work took place in a facility that once served as home to a newsgathering team that supported Shepard Smith, who often led coverage of important national events.

But thatโ€™s where most of the overt connections to the well-scrutinized Fox Corp. cable network end. There are none of the deep, pervasive Fox News Channel reds to which its viewers have long been accustomed seen here. Instead, Herrera and Freeze are surrounded by teal, warm orange and yellow โ€” colors that remind viewers of weather conditions โ€” because the duo and a phalanx of meteorologists are rehearsing what live coverage might look like for Fox Weather, a new ad-supported live-streamed venue set to launch October 25 that will be available via mobile app, connected TVs, and, in some cases, even via digital cable outlets operated by Foxโ€™s local TV stations. As morning becomes afternoon and evening, says Sharri Berg, the executive overseeing the launch, viewers will also see yellow and persimmon. Red will likely surface when severe weather events take place.

โ€œThis is a different product,โ€ says the executive.

9 Likes

If you had told me in 1996 that Fox News would eventually figure out how to merchandise conspiracy theories, bigotry, and the the dismantling of American democracy, I would have laughed.

Now you tell me that Fox News has found a way to merchandise climate change and after initially thinking โ€œwell, good, maybe now weโ€™ll see some progress,โ€ I realized that no, their involvement only guarantees that climate change will grow out of control to feed their ratings and will eventually destroy us all.

Positive spin for the day? I guess Iโ€™ve learned something in the last 30 years.

10 Likes

โ€œThis is a different product,โ€ says the executive.

A rare admittance that theyโ€™re not at all providing โ€œnews.โ€ Itโ€™s all about the money money money.

7 Likes

Awful context aside, I think we can all agree that โ€œAmy Freezeโ€ continues in the best tradition of weather reporter/forecaster names.

9 Likes
22 Likes

Remember how be complained about TikTok? Wellโ€ฆ

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1451613494764314634

Fuck TFG, and fuck all his clones
Fuck all these gun-toting hip gangster wannabes
Learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim
Learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim

9 Likes

Yahoo reprint of a USA Today article called โ€œThe story of Carol and Karen: Two experimental Facebook accounts show how the company helped divide Americaโ€

In 2019, two users joined Facebook. Both had similar interests: young children and parenting, Christianity, civics and community.

โ€œCarol,โ€ 41, was a conservative from North Carolina. She was interested in news, politics, then-President Donald Trump and the nationโ€™s first family. She followed the official accounts for Trump, first lady Melania Trump and Fox News.

โ€œKarenโ€ was the same age and lived in the same state. But she was a liberal who liked politics, news, and Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. She disliked Trump. She followed a local news site, pages about North Carolina and the liberal advocacy group MoveOn.

Facebookโ€™s algorithms got to work, suggesting what theyโ€™d be interested in.

Accepting recommendations for sites supportive of Trump led Carol to suggestions for a site called โ€œDonald Trump is Jesus,โ€ and another for QAnon, a wide-ranging extremist ideology that alleges celebrities and top Democrats are engaged in a pedophile ring. Karen was presented with anti-Trump pages, including one that posted an image showing an anus instead of Trumpโ€™s mouth.

The two women were not real. They were created by a Facebook researcher to explore how the social media platform deepened political divides in the U.S. by recommending content rife with misinformation and extremism.

20 Likes

That right there clarifies Fuckbookโ€™s malfeasance in these matters. Itโ€™s not just a free speech issue. Fbook has been actively promoting disinformation and extremism.

2ienzp

22 Likes