🖕🏾🖕🏾🖕🏾 🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events 🖕🏾🖕🏾🖕🏾🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡

“Oh my god, of course that’s obstruction — any way you cut it,” said Nick Akerman, a former federal prosecutor in New York and a onetime member of the Watergate prosecution team, responding to a description of Trump’s conversation with the investigator.

Akerman said he would be “shocked” if Trump didn’t commit a crime of obstruction under the Georgia statutes. He said the fact that the president took the time to identify the investigator, obtain a phone number and then call “shows that he’s trying to influence the outcome of what’s going on.”

17 Likes

i hear christie’s suddenly been begging to get kicked off twitter. he like camped outside of jack dorsey’s mansion or something with a “please ban me too” sign. handwriten!

he was really disappointed to hear about rush. he had no idea you can just close your account yourself.

11 Likes

Freshman GOP lawmaker apologizes for Hitler quote

Here’s hoping that every reporter she grants an audience to in the future begins their question with, “Do you agree with Adolf Hitler’s claim that _______ ?”

When fascists expose their fascist underbelly, we must NEVER forget.

20 Likes

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

I swear to god, they better fucking do better on security this time. If the National Guard isn’t pre-emptively deployed this time…

Also this.

17 Likes

i took a course on european history in the interwar period 1919-1939 as an elective. one of the required readings for the course was the first two-thirds of a book called the nazi seizure of power: the experience of a single german town 1922-1945, which was a lightly fictionalized account of nazi activity in northeim, germany. really the only fictional elements were changes of the name of the town and some of the names of people.

living in a small town in north central texas, there have been several occasions over the past four years in which i felt like a prosperous resident of northeim in 1930. hearing about violence but not personally experiencing it. being constantly pounded with propaganda from our “leader” who proposes to clean up our body politic by eliminating inferior elements within it. we all know, i hope, how poorly that project worked for germany. my own personal political views are extremely unpopular in this area. the fact that i live on one of the very few truly multiethnic, multiracial neighborhoods in my city is one of the few things that makes me feel safer in this moment.

i don’t go on about it, but i am a far-left liberal gun owner and although i am never going to be the first person in a conflict to resort to violence i am not going to exclude violence in defense if someone close to me were threatened. if i had to ultimately use deadly force to protect my family or my closest friends, i feel it would damage me in a potentially permanent way but the scars from that would be less than if i allowed someone close to me to be killed when i could have stopped it.

this is a dangerous and volatile time that forces me to think about things i could have gone my whole life without thinking about. i know he is not solely to blame for this moment, the republican party has been leading to this for 40 years or more, but donald trump is a stain on our national fabric and the sooner we are rid of him the better. someone close to me apologized to me today. she said she had listened to me talk about the “dangers of republicanism” and the “dangerous game the republican party is playing” for 30+ years and the one thing she said she had thought since seeing trump work the crowd at that rally and then send them to attack and smash the capitol was “oh, shit! navarro was right all along and i never took it seriously.”

i don’t know where we go from here but we have to find a way out of this moment or we are going to implode as a nation.

20 Likes
19 Likes
17 Likes

Yes. The insurrectionists didn’t succeed in stringing up any politicians, but they did succeed in tearing already existing holes in our social fabric into much bigger holes. Whether we can tailor suitable repairs feels like an open question right now (and I’ll button up that extended metaphor now, before it too gets torn completely in half).

Even though Tromp will be gone soon one way or another, things feel really tenuous to me right now-- in a state of suspension too. And it’ll get worse if Tromp isnt effectively punished, and if his cultists manage other attacks of similar scale and horror.

19 Likes

16 Likes

clapping

As a fellow southerner, I feel ya. I too, feel safer where I live now, in a very diverse county, vs. where I grew up, a mid-sized north GA town that still had the KKK handing out flyers on random Saturdays downtown.

The GOP is the problem here, not just Trump. They’ve become the party for white racists. They need to have no party that leans into their racism.

21 Likes

It’s no longer a veiled secret that the GOP platform is now Kinder Kirche Kuche. They’ve completely given up on hiding it.

17 Likes

Funny thing: even though most progressives absolutely HATE Pence I can’t recall a single example of progressives calling for his lynching/assassination over the last four years.

24 Likes

They feel like they have enough people who support that platform or who will accept it because TAX CUTS that they don’t have to hide. But at the same time, this pandemic and the ongoing climate crisis has really revealed just how much we really need large scale institutions to deal with these problems. Some are never going to come around to that idea, but i think that enough people are suffering now that they might actually begin to listen to people who come with real solutions to their problems rather than just trying to fix it with tax cuts and abortion bans.

15 Likes

Well, fuck:

The Rule of Law Defense Fund (RLDF), a 501(c)(4) arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA), helped organize the protest preceding the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol that took place on January 6, 2021.

As a 501(c)(4), RLDF is not required to reveal its donors. RLDF has received at least $175,000 from the Koch-backed Freedom Partners. Other RLDF donors include Judicial Crisis Network, the Rule of Law Project, and the Edison Electric Institute.

RAGA is a 527 political organization that helps elect Republican attorneys general and can accept unlimited contributions from wealthy individuals and corporations. As previously reported by Documented, RAGA received significant funding from numerous corporations in 2020, including Koch Industries ($375k), Comcast Corporation ($200k), Walmart ($140k), Home Depot ($125k), Amazon ($100k), TikTok ($75k), 1-800 Contacts ($51k), Chevron ($50k), The National Rifle Association ($50k), Monsanto ($50k), Facebook ($50k), Fox Corporation ($50k), Uber ($50k), Coca Cola ($50k), Exxon ($50k), and Google ($25k).

By last week, these people were sharing maps of D.C. They were talking about having enough of them that they would be able to erect basically their own cadre around the entire area of Congress. They had a map of the tunnels [in the basement of the Capitol], and they were talking about how they’re going to be able to stop Congress from leaving. They imagined that this was the day there were going to be mass executions of Congressmen.

20 Likes

Thank fuck for the sheer incompetence and ‘half-stepping’ on the part of many of the insurrectionists.

Sheesh…

20 Likes
16 Likes

Don’t let them redefine insurrection.

17 Likes

Cut him where it hurts.

21 Likes

Trump started targeting Pence with his wrath. Too bad Mikey - no one could have predicted.

Still - whatever it takes.

20 Likes

Just wait until he finds out about Tumblr and LiveJournal

16 Likes