πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

It won’t make a difference, as far as the party is concerned.

As the news of the Supreme Court leak broke, Pelosi was confirming support for Henry Cuellar, an anti-choice Democrat, over his primary challenger, Jessica Cisneros.

They’re more interested in protecting each other and their own power than they are in protecting us.

17 Likes

16 Likes

I don’t think it’s useful to even think of him as being a Democrat at all. More of an β€œoccasional ally” on certain issues. But honestly, given that West Virginia voted for Trump in 2020 at a greater than 2:1 margin, maybe a β€œsometimes ally” is the best we can hope for from that state at the moment. Only Wyoming is Trumpier. (Plus Manchin’s seat won’t be on the ballot again until 2024, so there are more pressing senate elections this year)

Personally I think the data shows we’re more likely to gain good democratic Senators from just about any other state. Not that we shouldn’t also fight for one in WV, but it may not be the place to focus the majority of our energy and resources. For example, Biden won Maine by over 9 points. Surely the Democrats can win Collins’ seat?

Edit to add:
In the 2022 Senate election both Wisconsin and Pennsylvania have Republicans defending seats in states that Biden won in 2020. Certainly opportunity there.

10 Likes

That’s an accurate assessment. I have pointed out previously that Manchin is only reelected in WV based on his name and family. The MAGAts would love to replace him, but can’t get past his machine. Probably the best we can do there. The only answer I can see is to flip a couple other seats to take away his power.

15 Likes

id love to see action on the douglass commonwealth. two seats right there, and the residents deserve proper representation

( any takers on merging the dakotas? do we really need both? )

5 Likes

DC and PR require and deserve representation, however the complexions of the voters there are problematic to some for some odd reason…

14 Likes
15 Likes

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

15 Likes

At least the projection is right there in the open for a change, these Republicans are literally saying β€œwe know mail-ballot fraud happens, because our guys do it.”

9 Likes
15 Likes

Yep, they operate according to the iron law of institutions.

The people who control institutions care first and foremost about their power within the institution rather than the power of the institution itself . Thus, they would rather the institution β€œfail” while they remain in power within the institution than for the institution to β€œsucceed” if that requires them to lose power within the institution .

9 Likes

statistics might lie but anecdotes are surely the work of the devil

( or just plain ridiculous if you don’t believe in devils i suppose )

10 Likes

Tim Scott needs to fuck right off.

13 Likes

Evidently, it’s only β€œfree” speech if anyone and everyone has to listen to it.

12 Likes

I’ve long found using one’s self as a yard stick to measure the value of everyone else in the world and, β€œhow hard they’re trying,” is a really a good tactic. Great to see it being used so effectively in government.
/S

13 Likes

Easy solution, cut all cables leading into Texas, they’ll be fine.

7 Likes
24 Likes

It’d bring the Texas Intranet grid in line with the Texas power grid, and avoid federal regulation.

9 Likes

(yahoo reprint)

11 Likes
15 Likes