🖕🏾🖕🏾🖕🏾 🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events 🖕🏾🖕🏾🖕🏾🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡

8 Likes

No no no—it was Mark Twain paraphrasing Winston Churchill.

6 Likes

If with the literate I am
Impelled to try an epigram,
I never seek to take the credit;
We all assume that Oscar said it.
– Dorothy Parker

17 Likes

These feckless, craven old ghouls.

The one thing that was pointed out about the shooter is that Texas has some seriously shit mental health support especially as the deep into Trump country as the community where the shooter and his victims lived. Red flags where everywhere about the guy yet not many people did enough

11 Likes

ted cruz, never too proud to contradict himself:

“At the end of the day, faith is not organized religion; it’s not going to a church. It is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior,” Cruz told CBN News, using common evangelical lingo to talk about faith.

“I think anyone in politics you’ve got a special obligation to avoid being a Pharisee, to avoid ostentatiously wrapping yourself in your faith,” Cruz said. “Because I think in politics, it’s too easy for that to become a crutch, for that to be politically useful.”

11 Likes

Make them feel uncomfortable everywhere!

24 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes

It’s a good thing he’s wearing his tactical school shooting glasses to an event that doesn’t allow firearms…

Dog Eye Roll GIF by Rover.com

10 Likes

good to know they’ll still happily accept gun and gun show ads, just not ones with pictures of assault rifles.

pictures don’t kill people guns do. advertising for guns in a state where guns of all kinds kill so many people seems unethical

i bet they don’t carry ads for sex toys…

13 Likes

23 Likes
18 Likes

I honestly don’t know how Republicans are able to say things like that.

It would never even occur to me to gripe about “coastal elites” if I was living atop a giant Manhattan skyscraper emblazoned with my own name like Donald Trump.

It would never even occur to me to attack the other side on the basis of “family values” if I was a thrice-married creep with a long string of well-publicized infidelities like Newt Gingrich.

It would never even occur to me to make unfounded accusations of child abuse against my enemies if I was under investigation for child sex trafficking like Matt Gaetz.

Is it just some supercharged form of cognitive dissonance? A talent for rationalization? A neurological condition that renders them incapable of feeling shame?

24 Likes

All their accusations are confessions.

23 Likes

“We’re Going to Be Conservative.” Official Orders Books Removed From Schools, Targeting Titles About Transgender People.

The North Texas superintendent’s comments, made on a leaked recording, raise constitutional concerns, legal experts said.

Minutes later, after someone asked whether titles on racism were acceptable, Glenn said books on different cultures “are great.”

“Specifically, what we’re getting at, let’s call it what it is, and I’m cutting to the chase on a lot of this,” Glenn said. “It’s the transgender, LGBTQ and the sex — sexuality — in books. That’s what the governor has said that he will prosecute people for, and that’s what we’re pulling out.”

“This audio is very much evidence of anti-LGBTQ and particularly anti-trans discrimination,” said Kate Huddleston, a staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas, who reviewed the recording at the request of NBC News, ProPublica and the Tribune. “It is very much saying the quiet part out loud in a way that provides very significant evidence that book removals in the district are occurring because of anti-LGBTQ bias.”

18 Likes

If only there were some way to encourage more staffing. Pay a living wage? No, that’s crazy talk.

20 Likes

I’m old enough to remember when ‘respect your elders’ was considered conservative thinking…and Christian too.

14 Likes

The problem is that directly opposes the goal of increased profits. In my state, they’ve been reducing the requirements for decades, so they can hire more unskilled labor and avoid paying for RNs and CNAs. The situation in hospitals sounds even more dire, as described in Samantha Bee’s show.

Here’s an idea of what states were requiring in nursing homes 20 years ago:
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2002/olrdata/age/rpt/2002-r-0091.htm

The reaction to setting federal minimums is the usual, “Now is not the time…” bs.

The folks behind this “boutique, B2B publication” are described here :unamused::

11 Likes

And they pay them so low that they have to take multiple jobs at different LTC homes, which pokes a hole in any attempt to keep infections out even in the best of times.

11 Likes

Looks like my state wants to get in on the book banning trend.

The fascist media bubble is having a bad day.

13 Likes