๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

10 Likes

Itโ€™s definitely scary when a person who was complicit in the sexual abuse of college wrestlers is considered the spiritual leader of the political party. Of course, this is coming from a statutory rapist. :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/southern-baptists-battling-divisions-gather-181436772.html (NYT reprint on yahoo)

Barberโ€™s rival, Tom Ascol, is a Florida pastor who has criticized what he describes as the denominationโ€™s leftward drift on issues including gender, sexuality, abortion and critical race theory, which the convention publicly affirmed as a potentially useful โ€œanalytical toolโ€ in 2019. He has called for Baptists to be โ€œculturally uncompromising.โ€

Ascol has condemned the sexual abuse documented in the recent report, but has warned against overly sweeping reforms that he says could compromise individual churchesโ€™ autonomy and finances.

Ascol is president of Founders Ministries, an influential organization that is part of an energized ultraconservative wing of the denomination. โ€œWe believe that God is watching, that He alone defines our terms and sets our agenda,โ€ wrote a group of conservative Baptist leaders in nominating Ascol to the presidency in March. โ€œAnd God is not Woke.โ€

11 Likes

Wait, what? They understood what it actually is and how it is used?

Oh.

I see.

This was before the weaponisation of the term.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Because of course sheโ€™s a raging hypocrite

15 Likes

Itโ€™s always projection.

14 Likes

โ€œRights for me, but not for theeโ€ is pretty much exactly on point for the GQP. something something bind but not protectโ€ฆ

13 Likes

Wow. Thatโ€™s a very telling statement. An actual Christian would be very aware that โ€“ by definition โ€“ their God is the most โ€˜wokeโ€™ being in the universe.

14 Likes

from

16 Likes

If these pocket pardons donโ€™t have to be filed or registered, whatโ€™s to stop him from writing new ones, back-dated?

9 Likes

The rapid march backwards accelerates.

The Texas GOP blocked Log Cabin Republicans from having a booth at the convention.

โ€œHomosexuality is an abnormal lifestyle choice,โ€ the plank says. โ€œWe believe there should be no granting of special legal entitlements or creation of special status for homosexual behavior, regardless of state of origin, and we oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values. No one should be granted special legal status based on their LGBTQ+ identification.โ€

12 Likes

is it โ€œspecial legal statusโ€ to not be murdered by hateful bigots?!
fuck the bigots and their ideology of hate having more rights than love.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

20 Likes

I wouldnโ€™t have guessed this reaction.

8 Likes

Is the next question: โ€œHow many abortions have you paid for?โ€

7 Likes

Absolutely none!
(They had to pay for everything themselves, what, do you think I hung around? Are you crazy? I ghosted them the moment they got to the โ€œrโ€ in โ€œIโ€™m pregnantโ€.)

8 Likes
15 Likes

Heโ€™s just the latest in a long line of GOP/GQP candidates who share similar qualities (see below), so I wouldnโ€™t have expected anything else.
Jane Fonda Feminism GIF by Emmys

14 Likes

Itโ€™s just astounding how stupid people can be when trying to suck up to the far right.

Theyโ€™re coming for you, Peter Thiel. Itโ€™s just a matter of time.

13 Likes

Something about Leopards eating peopleโ€™s facesโ€ฆ

14 Likes