πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

Sunshine is the best disinfectant!

Utah parents drop Black history curriculum opt out request (aol.com)

14 Likes

That’s actually good news; good to know that there are still some people out there who are capable of feeling shame for their antisocial behavior.

9 Likes

Hirokawa, who is of Asian decent, said the social media post went against his personal beliefs as the great-grandson of people sent to a Japanese internment camp.

β€œI personally see a lot of value in teaching our children about the mistreatment, challenges and obstacles that people of color in our Nation have had to endure and what we can do today to ensure that such wrongs don’t continue,” Hirokawa said.

Indeed, you can only have a country that is capable of grappling with the totality of its past if you actually teach people about it in the first place. Anything less is white supremacy.

(Incidentally, I didn’t even learn about Japanese internment until I was in high school.)

13 Likes

Is Castor actually trying to defend or is it just a filibuster.

4 Likes

He’s doing everything he can to make me gnash my teeth and furrow my brow. We’re talking about it over here:

Not sure how long I can hold out without ending up looking permanently like a pug. The furrowing is spreading from the brow…

3 Likes

I lost patience since he hasn’t offered any arguments (I mean, he’s already admitted
that the House managers did their homework assignment and he hasn’t).

I’ve turned the sound off and I’m listening to Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake.

7 Likes

raskin gave a great summation.

interestingly i watched tarkovsky’s stalker.

5 Likes

WTAF

16 Likes

18 Likes
16 Likes

I wish I didn’t think that it was just because their audience decided Fox was not sufficiently pro-cheeto.

2 Likes

This confuses Trump’s anti-semite supporters

5 Likes

The real question is: WHY wasn’t he wearing a yarmulke? After all, they’d already gone to the trouble to petition for a recess during the Sabbath. It’s not like he was trying to hide the fact he was Jewish. And observant men usually aren’t without their head covering at all times. Was he trying to give the media something stupid to spend their bandwidth discussing?

8 Likes

8 Likes

dis gonna be gud

18 Likes

Well, I hope it’s gon b gud, but I’m not real hopeful that Biden will overcome Dem-presidential inertia, which always seems to say in such cases that it’s time to move on.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Maybe he was distracted by his cow…

13 Likes

I knew it! He’s not human. My mother was right all along. (She was in his district.)

10 Likes

According to Jewish Twitter it’s because while the House now formally allows head coverings (passed after Ilhan Omar was elected), the Senate does not allow head coverings. (It’s apparently an informal rule versus the House where explicitly banned.)

Schoen also said β€œhe didn’t want to make people feel uncomfortable” … which … I mean, what the fuck? Here his arguing some kind of nonsense about Trump and free speech (never mind he’s completely ignoring the issue at hand around the constitutionality of Senatorial jurisdiction) but he’s somehow too timid to exercise his first amendment right to wear religious garbs?

15 Likes