πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

I saw this somewhere else, and it’s so disappointing. Seeing him come to realize the importance of the Dept. Of Energy over his time there, I (naively) expected better from him.

3 Likes

Biden was 35 in 1977! Does that idiot know what senility means? That it comes from senex = old man? It’s right there in the word!

3 Likes

In solidarity with Texans, Ted Cruz may be warm, but he’s frozen in spirit!

In Canada, that non-essential vacation during the pandemic would be the political off-ramp. (Well, except maybe in Alberta.)

2 Likes

it’s not like texans wanted the wall. in some certain places sure, but they’re the ones who have had their land taken by eminent domain and their towns divided in half.

so far as i understand it, the wall was deeply unpopular in the border town areas. texas politics are gerrymandered to hell and back, with a lot of potential voters excluded through bad voting rules, and it’s awash in money and corruption.

there is of course a lot of dumb headed β€œtexas first”, government bad, leave me and my federal subsidies alone conservatism there - but texans in general aren’t remotely as bad as their politicians

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s definitely a bit of tongue in cheek humor. Obviously, it wasn’t any one state’s decision to spend the time and money building that monstrosity.
But it gets at the bigger point of how we allocate our resources as a nation. Same as how we’ll spend about $50k/yr to incarcerate someone but begrudge $100/mo in food benefits.
I definitely didn’t post it to blame Texans for this predicament.

4 Likes

I hope someone takes a close look at his expense reports. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

2 Likes

Looks like Cruz still has at least some minuscule capacity for shame left.

4 Likes

Michael Harriot suggests ways for followers of Cult 45 and QAnon to recover:

12 Likes

It specifically eliminates early voting on Sundays, when Black churches traditionally hold β€œSouls to the Polls” get-out-the-vote drives. The January 5 runoffs were the first time that Democrats outnumbered Republicans during in-person early voting, and Black voters constituted a third of early voters. In the November general election, Black voters used early voting on weekends at a higher rate than whites in 43 of 50 of the state’s largest counties.

16 Likes

Yet more reason (#12506734, I believe) to focus attention on local and state elections. So long as a party whose goal is to eliminate representative democracy and replace it with permanent minority rule is clinging to power, this shit will continue to happen.

16 Likes
17 Likes

If that little pistol propped up on the shelf were to fall off and discharge, shooting her in the ass, I might be able to stop laughing at some point. Maybe.

21 Likes

I was just thinking each firearm increases her chances of being wounded with her own weapons exponentially.

What a dumbass.

12 Likes

It would be great if another rep asked her why she needs more guns β€œready to use” than she has hands. Then dare her to demonstrate simultaneous use of a half dozen at a time. Pop some popcorn, sit back…

11 Likes

This is obviously performative. But for whom, of course?

The kind of people who love to collect firearms, ostensibly to be β€œready to defend themselves” against β€œbad guys”.

I know these types of people in real life, I know them well. Some are my uncles, or friends of the family. The β€œbad guys” they fantasize about shooting tend to not be the kinds of folks most likely to commit violent crimes in the US, but whomever they generally don’t like very much.

This is performative for the sorts of folks who are fantasizing about shooting people they don’t like.

12 Likes

Thats The Point GIF by Red Table Talk

God, these people…

9 Likes

Huh. Anyone else remember those kids who were visited by the police and suspended from school for having toy guns in their rooms during zoom classrooms? I wonder what the difference is. No way of knowing, I guess.

10 Likes

23 Likes

Wow. Such bravery.

15 Likes

Were that to happen, it would be a tragedy for her, brain injuries are rough, but i also worry about hypoxic injury to myself. Uncontrollable laughter can be quite dangerous!

9 Likes