πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

AKA the white supremacist caucus.

19 Likes

Literally:

15 Likes

TBF, she (MTG) had a reason:

β€œNothing in this bill prevents the funding of aborted fetal tissue by taxpayers. It opens the door for the NIH to use this bill to research the remains of babies who were murdered in the womb.”

A stupid, ignorant, utterly contemptable reason, but that is completely on par for her.

LB’s reason is even worse, in a way. β€œThis bill added hundreds of millions of dollars to the national debt, while not receiving a CBO score or going through the committee process,” Rep. Boebert added.

A couple hundred million is not even a rounding error in DC. I am sure she knows this. But ordinary people benefit from this program, and that has to be stopped!

17 Likes

In case the fascism wasn’t already obvious enough, they’re also going all-in on β€œthe progeny of European architecture”.

13 Likes

There are guys who get off by being cuckolded, and then there are guys who are so into being cuckolded that their employer ends up suing them for millions of dollars.

As a rule I try not to kink-shame but I’ll make exceptions for those who built financial empires butting into the personal lives of others.

10 Likes

As usual nobody cares when corporate tax rates are slashed adding trillions to the national debt, but as soon as there’s any social programs being proposed that actually help people it’s suddenly all about austerity.

12 Likes
13 Likes

β€œWe are awaiting the release this hour of Chicago Police bodycam footage that captured the fatal police shooting of a young 13-year-old man by the name of Adam Toledo.” - Sean Hannity

4 Likes

Um, what training? Even CC permit holders have less training than what’s required for a driver’s license. 50x less in my state!

10 Likes

15 Likes

Matt Gaetz approves!

4 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-christ

10 Likes

this is how i feel about upcoming life in texas–

17 Likes

(NBC News reprint)

9 Likes
20 Likes

I recall your previous mentions of having family in Texas for 7 (or more?) generations.

Seriously asking here: are you considering emigrating to any other U.S. state, or even elsewhere? And if yes, what decision matrix did you use when considering potential [upgrades] locales for where to live next?

I just drove from ATX to Knoxville, TN and back. I counted 4 Punisher skull decals in Texas, during daylight transit to Texarkana. I see a lot of them in central Texas, pretty much every time I’m driving.

I did not see more of the decals until just one, in Tennessee.

Yeah, anecdotal. But it’s hard for me not to look around and get the message that Texas has a few big dangerous problems.1

I live in a county where the people just across the creek from us fire all manner of guns (some with very large rounds), any time. As I look for the exit, my fam and I (some of us are brown and will never pass as white) are asking β€œwhere to next.” (We started asking this shortly after Cult45 entered the White House.)

1. Here’s another:
13 Likes

i lived in estes park, colorado for a couple of years and as much as i loved being in the mountains i couldn’t stand being away.

because i love texas and i feel i have absolutely as much right to be in this state as the trumpist republicans i have spent almost forty years working with the local democratic party to try to get more progressive voices into the party here at a county level and to get more younger people involved at the local level. this has had some effect, i’ve gone to the state convention as a delegate on a couple of occasions.

my family and i cling stubbornly to the belief that this is just as much our state as anyone else’s. if, and only if, it comes to a rupture between red and blue states in that sad situation i would leave.

18 Likes

As is typical of the kind of thing, those co-opting the Punisher logo as some sort of sign of badassery are completely missing the point that he’s supposed to be a broken and traffic figure rather than an aspirational one.

10 Likes
9 Likes

All their grandiose plans assume that social media must:

• Depend on DNS.
  • Has central servers.
  • Has connectivity from a provider who can be leaned on.
  • Has an owner that can be hit with a $5 wrench until they give up the passwords.
  • Has a central control that can pull any post that they don’t like.

6 Likes