🖕🏾🖕🏾🖕🏾 🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events 🖕🏾🖕🏾🖕🏾🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡

“You’ve never worn a badge, period. Not interested in your reporting on it, because reporters deal with facts, and you brought the race card into it the other night when we had this debate, despite having no facts to back that up,” Bongino, a former police officer, retorted.

After Rivera brought up the fact that “Blacks are twice as likely to be shot by cops as whites,” a statistic Bongino waved off, Rivera then dismissed his colleague’s law enforcement experience—while, at the same time, mocking his multiple failed congressional runs.

“I know more than you! What do you know?” Rivera yelled. “What, did you have a ten-minute career as a cop? You’ve been running for office for the last 20 years.”

“Take a Valium. You’ve really gotta pipe down. My gosh, you’re a 70-year-old man!” Bongino snarked at the 77-year-old.

5 Likes

The problem that comes in with Hawley’s proposal is that it seems he put a dollar amount to the merger restriction. That’s not a good way to tackle the issue. As much as it is annoying a better way to define it is to show direct anti-competitive action itself. Any financial or business act that leads to a firm deliberately removing/reducing competition for the intent to control market share is still a good standard to go by. It just needs to include vertical integration as well since that’s one aspect of antitrust law that has limited remedy in the US iirc. So not only does antitrust need that augmentation we need to define anti-concentration laws for capital as well since that is one of the bigger factors in today’s world where you have on paper ‘competitive’ markets but in reality it’s held by a few people outside of each firm which ultimately leads to anti-competitive results. So Hawley just needs to STFU about this and maybe leave it to someone with a better grasp like Piketty or whatever.

3 Likes

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

9 Likes

The director’s cut is coming

2 Likes

somehow we have reached a stage of society in which being a conservative requires justifying the police shooting of an unarmed 13 year old.

someday people are going to look back at this time and either recoil in horror or nod sagely saying “this is where the collapse started.”

18 Likes

An unarmed 13-year-old with his hands up.

17 Likes

She blocked them on Twitter, and they sued her. She settled.

11 Likes

ffs

20 Likes

hey y’all, get out yer surprised faces because:

11 Likes

Something to be concerned about:

8 Likes

Using a new toy, incorrectly

8 Likes
16 Likes

Clearly, he’s trying to protect Trump.

10 Likes
  • Vermont
  • California
  • Rhode Island
  • Minnesota
  • Delaware
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • New Jersey
  • California
  • Georgia
11 Likes

National embarrassment John Cornyn, senior senator from my state, demonstrates Republicans’ complete inability to grasp even the most obvious satire…

18 Likes

In yet more “Satire is Dead” news,

Sacrificing a ram (or goat, they apparently couldn’t tell the difference) at a white supremacist ceremony. All the WTF you can possibly handle.

17 Likes

I thought he was going to talk about how law enforcement is not trained for, and seems openly hostile to, citizens with disabilities. A strobe light is a great way to cause an epileptic person to have a seizure, and you KNOW exactly how the cops would respond to that.

He’s right: the strobe part hasn’t even been mentioned in anything I’ve seen. And the fact that it tricks us about movement during the dark cycles is a key point.

12 Likes

We need them all indicted for their part in aiding and abetting the insurrectionists, plus the myriad other laws they’ve broken (so far without negative consequences), and then they can’t pull this nonsense anymore.

10 Likes

It’s hard to even come up with a coherent explanation for this that isn’t any more sophisticated than “Whenever I vote on a law, I think about what the most evil way to vote would be and that is how I vote.”

18 Likes

What does that even mean? If they live there now? If they went to school there but live somewhere else now? If they work there but commute from over state lines? What if they’re “from” that state but then left o go start a career?
Or does he just mean anyone nominated by a Democrat on the committee, regardless of where they’re (the nominee) from?
Either way, he’s an unreasonable, obstructionist asshat, but…what?

Oh, and ALSO - can we please get some hand-wringing about bi-partisanship from the R reps and Sens, now???

11 Likes