๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

So much for that whole โ€œwe can never let [Donald Trump] ever happen againโ€ thing she was on about literally 2 months agoโ€ฆ

11 Likes

13 Likes
12 Likes

That is some bitter irony. He was worried about getting fired, which wouldโ€™ve probably lost him his health insurance, so he went to a superspreader event and ended up in the hospitalโ€ฆ
On the one hand, I empathize with the fears of becoming jobless. On the other hand, I think anyone with a soul wouldโ€™ve started looking in earnest for another livelihood after the 2016 election at the very latest.

10 Likes
11 Likes

There are hundreds of trump barns up in NH that are just crying out for a lightโ€ฆ

5 Likes

As nice as it is to see Republicans criticize and curse each other, former Hose Speaker John Bohner really got on my nerves in a recent interview.

He repeatedly positioned himself as a โ€œreasonable,โ€ โ€œnot crazyโ€ guy who just happened to be forced to take crazy, unreasonable positions because thatโ€™s what leaders do, I guess?

A true profile in courage.

They can all burn.

14 Likes

Same with his interview with Colbertโ€ฆ

6 Likes

Does he have a book coming out or something? Why are we hearing from Boehner now?

6 Likes

Why are we hearing from Boehner ever? Why is anyone interested in anything he has to say? An irate goose would be a lot cuter on camera and provide exactly as much useful information.

11 Likes

Yep. And I guess all publicly help sell books, even if it makes you look really really bad.

7 Likes

Bingo!

A PR agent has sold their soul and is getting rich this year.

6 Likes

He doesโ€ฆ

Game Awards GIF

14 Likes

Whoโ€™d have thought the US senator who fist pumped Jan 6 insurrectionists would propose totally unworkable anti-Big Tech law?

[โ€ฆ]
The law, were it to pass, would effectively bypass the Department of Justice, and introduce a success-based constraint on American capitalism based on a figure that Hawley has pulled from his ass. He thinks itโ€™s great.

โ€œA small group of woke mega-corporations control the products Americans can buy, the information Americans can receive, and the speech Americans can engage in,โ€ Hawley quotes himself as saying in his announcement. โ€œThese monopoly powers control our speech, our economy, our country, and their control has only grown because Washington has aided and abetted their quest for endless power.โ€

Thereโ€™s more: โ€œWhile Big Tech, Big Banks, Big Telecom, and Big Pharma gobbled up more companies and more market share, they gobbled up our freedom and competition. American consumers and workers have paid the price. Woke corporations want to run this country and Washington is happy to let them. Itโ€™s time to bust up them up and restore competition.โ€

Hawley hasnโ€™t always been this stupid; itโ€™s clearly taken practice. He successfully ran for Attorney General of Missouri, thanks in large to financial support from none other than Peter Thiel, but only stayed in the office two years before he saw an opportunity to get into Congress. In order to get ahead of the field of 11 Republican candidates for the job, he allied himself with Donald Trump and embraced the former presidentโ€™s particular style of aggressive ignorance, and it paid off.
[โ€ฆ]
The bill has zero chance of passing which is perhaps why the first-term senator has failed to get any cosponsors for it.

9 Likes

Idiots.
โ€œWoke corporationsโ€ is, in all but maybe a few rare cases, an oxymoron, no?

9 Likes
10 Likes

Person Of Interest Do Not Want GIF

9 Likes

I thought this was the Republican ideal of the free market working as intended. Oh wait, that was before mega-corporations realized that feigning a conscience was more profitable than openly supporting fascism.

8 Likes

Somewhere thereโ€™s a couple of MBAs thinking โ€œWhy not both?โ€ right now.

3 Likes

Oddly enough, heโ€™s right, but for all the wrong reasonsโ€ฆ

Acquisitions are the approved way to get monopoly power in the US (especially, but in other places as well). As Cory Doctrow has pointed out, if three corporations collude to raise prices, they get slapped down hard, but if one of those corps buys the other two, and raises pricesโ€ฆ well thatโ€™s just fine.

Anyhow, broken clock analogies are quite appropriate here, cuz heโ€™s wrong about pretty much everything else, he does know how to posture well for his audience.

4 Likes