πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

Not serious at all.

1 Like

Ludicrously seriously? Plaidly seriously?

9 Likes

It was noticeable that – amid a torrent of Democratic reaction to Chauvin’s conviction – there were few statements from Republicans, months after a general election in which former President Donald Trump sought to paint protests at Floyd’s death as symptomatic of left-wing anarchy. His extremism is in line with what ex-Republican President George W. Bush Tuesday branded β€œnativist” sentiment in the party. Many Republicans, who can stop the bill with filibuster blocking tactics, are more keen to claim all Democrats agree with their most radical members on calls to abolish the police.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/politics/joe-biden-derek-chauvin-trial-verdict/index.html

Well no shit Sherlock

4 Likes

Makes me wish I had a really big bowling ball…

1 Like

MTG dropped these brilliant gems

17 Likes

I would also add that a boycott of News Corp’s streaming sites and terrestrial tv programs would also help too

8 Likes

Well spotted and thank you!

Also… shopping for some replacement windows, thank you for the advice previously.
Man, new [halfway decent] windows are so expensive!

3 Likes

They can be, but you can save a lot by installing them yourself. It’s even possible to replace the double-panes as units alone if you have the right tools and determination. I’m sure there’s some YouTube videos on the subject.

ETA: Depending on the manufacturer, I might even be able to offer advice, though it’s been 30 years since I did that kind of work.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to hear his speech about how β€œwe live in a society”

3 Likes

Oh boy, there’s gonna be an asshole contest on tv next week

4 Likes
19 Likes

What a pile of garbage and excrement that excuse for a human is.

17 Likes
10 Likes

You know it comes down to skin color. Nobody ever debated The Divinyls or Nine-Inch Nails on the House floor.

14 Likes

Have they asked DeJoy what they have on the Capitol insurrection yet?

10 Likes

True, but to be fair, in the UK, you had MPs melting down over Throbbing Gristle and the Sex Pistols in the late 70s… I don’t remember if any American politicians spoke out publicly about, say, Madonna in the early 80s (Like a Virgin) or after Like a Prayer came out when all that moralizing was going on? I know plenty of southerners flipped out about the β€œbigger than Jesus” Beatles comment, but really they were mad that they wanted to play integrated shows in the south… I know some southern, grandstanding politician must have said something about that? There was some pretty hysterical speeches about Cop Killer by Bodycount, though, that a remember.

6 Likes

The PMRC β€œFilthy Fifteen” list during the Tipper Gore Parental Advisory warning debate was mostly white artists.

I am surprised looking back at this because at the time, it felt like the whole point was to demonize hip hop.

I also remember them talking a lot about John Denver in this context??!?

1 Like

There was a fantastic VH1 film made about this. It’s actually one of my favorite films, period. It’s a great story where a plucky group of unlikely underdogs stood up to the political establishment and came away victorious(ish).

If you can find a place to acquire it, I highly recommend it. It’s difficult to even pirate, I am not sure it was ever released on DVD or streaming:

4 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes