πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

Hard to convince myself to post this here but then I really did not want to post it in the β€œgood (encouraging) stuff” thread either:

8 Likes
14 Likes

β€œMy name is Frank Zappa, and I’m comin for you, monkey boy.” :laughing:

5 Likes

In Fox/News Corp trying to make money by burning both ends of the wick news

3 Likes

That seems to be the Fox network, which is not Fox News, even though it’s owned by the same parent company.

5 Likes

Fox News:. America is destroying the institution of marriage!

Fox Network: Who wants to marry a multi-millionaire?!

5 Likes

Conservatives: β€œLiberals know nothing about agriculture, farming, food production and the heartland.”

Liberals: Mocks gaffe

Conservatives: Gets confused about being mocked

13 Likes

It’s always a tip off to me when an adult begins a statement with, β€œmy parent has/owns x,” before making their point. Why you bringing your mom into the convo, Meghan? Can’t stand on you’re own? Just showing off?
Either way, weak sauce.

9 Likes

Ah Meghan McCain. The professionally and perpetually confused and offended.

3 Likes

Gee, Rick, I wonder why that is…

18 Likes

I guess he lacks the awareness to realise that this (along with the fact that they were a bunch of slaver scum) is the reason that nobody in the entire world, outside of some fascists, gives a fuck about the American Revolution and β€œThe Founders”?

Seriously, imagine you are a child in primary school somewhere, anywhere, and they try to teach you about an American Revolution and then explain to you that it didn’t include enslaved people and that it also involved stealing land and genocide.

6 Likes

I mean there was that whole de Toqueville - Statue of Liberty thing. Of course a lot more people in the world are much more concerned with the Haymarket Affair, which most Americans have never even heard of.

1 Like

French Revolution has much more currency outside of America than the American one. I have never heard someone outside America having enthusiasm for the American Revolution except racists.

8 Likes

β€œbut candidly there isn’t much Native American culture in American culture”

oh except for that whole democracy thing ( thanks for nothing iroquois nation )

9 Likes

There is also the whole Birth of a Nation dogwhistle built into the statement, the racist asshole. That should get him kicked off CNN by itself.

10 Likes

Obviously they read their founders like they read their Bible.

(I think it involves using a seer stone made of crystalized white male privilege and racism.)

7 Likes

I can’t prove that the phrase β€œtalking through your hat” had its origin in Joseph Smith’s fraud case where a witness (his father in law perhaps?) described him as sitting with his hat pulled over his eyes and head and using his scrying stone to β€œtranslate” the book of Mormon. As far as I know the phrase did achieve popularity around then in US newspapers.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Per NPR, it was incredibly close.

(In fairness Minnesota is also a fairly blue state, so that last house seat likely won’t make a huge difference in national politics)

5 Likes

Getting warmer…

12 Likes