Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 3)

Teen: “what bathroom would you have me use?”
Governor: “obviously, the one that doesn’t exist yet.”
:roll_eyes::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

17 Likes

one of my favorite coffee shops had a setup which was both multiuser and multigender. there was a urinal and a stalll with a door. pick whichever works best

so in the meantime… just use the lawn of his private residence?

15 Likes

And what if that’s not the one he’s comfortable using anyway? If a cisgender person is uncomfortable sharing facilities with someone- they can use the nonexistent facilities.

18 Likes

point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

17 Likes

Cynically, if the feds don’t manage to overcome these shitty state laws with some overriding federal law or regulation, the likely near-term outcome is a mandate to only ever provide individual bathrooms that are not specified by sex or gender. That’s the only way to comply with existing federal anti-discrimination laws and still comply with these bigoted state laws.

Plumbers, carpenters, and masons are going to be making bank.

13 Likes

well that’s not scary at all

Marcus A. Silva claims his then-wife discovered she was pregnant by him. And because abortion is illegal in Texas, she reached out for help to the three women. He claims they, quote, “conspired with her to obtain abortion pills and end the pregnancy at home.” And he’s suing each of the women in civil court for at least a million dollars

he and his lawyers are trying to use texas’ statutes about murder, and they hope to use the case to set precedent in texas and beyond

truly gilead when a man has more rights over his spouse’s body than the actual person does. that it’s even being allowed to move forward in court is horrifying

19 Likes

(Yahoo reprint)

Tucker Carlson

8 p.m. host

“We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait.” - Carlson in a text message to an colleague on Jan. 4, 2021

Finally, a sentiment BBSers and Tucker can agree on.

14 Likes
14 Likes

12 Likes

But what factors in biology. Do I have breasts? A vagina?

If we’re talking about what’s listed on my birth certificate it’s female. So fuck right off DeStankis.

17 Likes

You know what would be really nice, Mike? If the spineless members of his party didn’t bleeping bleeping bleeping wait for “history” to hold Trump accountable and did it them-bleeping-selves!

17 Likes

As a historian, here is what really enrages me about comments like that… it’s an assumption that history is something that “happens” not something that people do. This mindset makes sense coming from a Christian dominionist like Pence - who of course, no doubt believes that the architect of history is his god - in this case, he’s using more secular language that far too many people fall into the trap of… But no. History is MADE, not happens… Marx was correct that men make their own history, even if we’re making it in circumstances not of our own making. And that absolutely means that if Trump is held accountable in history, than he will have been held legally accountable in the here and now, as you say!

22 Likes

A true work of art

22 Likes
17 Likes

Or, to speak their Christofascist language, the Parable of the Flood. The Lord gave you two impeachments and a primary, and you refused to save yourself.

15 Likes

“According to the source, Pence also claimed his pronouns were “thou” and “thine.”“

12 Likes

Well said.
And even, it’s kind of one thing for “us regular folk” to think or say things like that, despite how frustrating it might be, but ffs, the ex VP of the US saying such things is 50 shades of infuriating.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

16 Likes

Double so, since he and his family were directly threatened by the insurrectionists… He should be leading the demands for accountability…

14 Likes

History is made at night, and he is the nothing in the night-time.

3 Likes

I guess it’s all a joke… sure. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes