Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

Does this book include the part where he starts to deal with demons and builds his phylactery to become undead?

I’m in total support of the YA horror genre.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Billy Bob Thornton Goliath GIF by Amazon Prime Video

9 Likes

… never heard of that guy but he was the real deal

β€œThe whole secret of politics,” he told the journalist Garry Wills during the 1968 presidential campaign, β€œis knowing who hates who.”

5 Likes

And stoking that hate until it is red hot and murderous.

5 Likes

Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

9 Likes

Whatever that means is hard to parse, because he became a harsh and influential critic of Republicans later in life. He probably didn’t redeem his earlier awful self but hell, he even wrote for The Nation!

4 Likes

It’s true, but I’m kind of done with giving people who later rejected their building of the fascist right a pardon for making things worse in the first place…

6 Likes

Yeah, he probably didnt redeem his earlier awful self.

5 Likes

It’s the victims who get to decide how much to forgive and since I was born after he helped destroy the world I choose not to forgive him and hope his regret burdened him the rest of his life.

5 Likes

Arizona State University police said it’s investigating an incident on campus in which a queer faculty member was confronted and shoved to the ground amid a confrontation with members of Turning Point USA

1 Like
2 Likes

God damn.

4 Likes

from the article:

As he makes a final push for the speakership, he faces his own choice: Does he stick with his recent transformation into a team player? Or does he revert back to the tough tactics he built his reputation on?

and yet they fail to point out that in his entire 16 year career, he’s never gotten a single bill passed. his β€œreputation” is being terrible at his job, even compared to other republicans

Is Rep. Jim Jordan among the least effective members of Congress? Researchers at the Center for Effective Lawmaking - a joint project between academics at the University of Virginia and Vanderbilt University - seem to think so… The study rated Jordan as the 202nd most effective Republican in the House of Representatives out of 205 it examined

politico wants to pump him up for some reason, but they’re basically writing fanfic

( eta: columnists sometimes want to make me tear my hair out. :face_with_head_bandage: )

7 Likes

Compared to 2021 estimates, hate crimes last year that were motivated by bias against the victims’ sexual orientation rose 13.8 percent while those motivated by bias against the victims’ gender identity rose 32.9 percent, according to data from the FBI.

1 Like

Too bad, so sad:

And yes, the attempted murder/suicide (she survived, he didn’t) is being chalked up to individual mental health issues.

5 Likes

(From an earlier article)

Alembik’s conservative allies paid tribute to him online. β€œThe tragedy surrounding Steve’s suicide has shocked everyone, and as details come out, people will probably be judgmental,” far-right activist Laura Loomer wrote in a post.

Ya think? He was a piece of shit:

The founder of a Boca Raton digital marketing company, the Democrat-turned-Republican earned notoriety in 2018 by referring to former President Barack Obama as a β€œf******* Muslim n*****” in a post on the social media platform X, then known as Twitter.

4 Likes

Laura Loomer, a right-wing political activist who has run unsuccessfully for Congress, tweeted: β€œSadly, those or us who knew Steve understood that he struggled with his mental health at times.”

Ah, the old β€œmental health issues in defense of racism” ploy.

Starz Mean GIF by Hightown

6 Likes

#neverforget

6 Likes