Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 4)

another case of sci-fi not being meant as game plan :cry:

In a not-so-unfamiliar alternate America, prisoners convicted of violent crimes are coerced into joining [the] Criminal Action Penal Entertainment for an almost impossible chance at freedom… [where] survival means slaughtering their way through death matches. While the [sponsors] rake in the blood money, the public cannot get enough

6 Likes

The ex-president, who has spent years demonising immigrants, said: “They’re coming from Asia, they’re coming from the Middle East, coming from all over the world, coming from Africa, and we’re not going to stand for it … They’re destroying our country.”
He promised to carry out the biggest deportation in American history. “It’s not a nice thing to say and I hate to say it and those clowns in the media will say: ‘Oh, he’s so mean.’ No, they’re killing our people. They’re killing our country. We have no choice.”
He added: “We have languages coming into our country … they have languages that nobody in this country has ever heard of. It’s a horrible thing.”

What The Wtf GIF by MIA GLADSTONE

10 Likes

I’m late to the party here, but I watch the View every day, and that segment was infuriating, but not because of Griffin’s joke, which I actually missed. I could tell she said something, and then heard Whoopi say it was gross, but I missed what Griffin had said. It’s a good example, though, of why people who aren’t comedians shouldn’t try to tell jokes on national tv. But the reason that episode was infuriating was Sunny Hostin. She’s normally the lefty on the panel, but she’s also very Catholic. She’s personally very anti-abortion, although Whoopi et al changed her mind a few years ago on what the law should be, so she is also pro-choice. But she took a very strong “embryos are absolutely babies” stance on this issue, informed in part by the fact that her children were conceived by IVF, and she would have wanted to be able to go after someone if her embryos had been destroyed. She seemed completely unmoved by the reality that the Alabama SC decision will likely end access to IVF in Alabama. And she’s a lawyer who used to work as a prosecutor for the US Justice Department. She should know better.

12 Likes

What really enrages me, is that the whole “life begins at conception” is a very NEW position for Christians (either of the protestant or Catholic variety) historically speaking. Protestants took the general pro-life position of catholics (which includes being anti-death penalty, as well as anti-suicide, including against assisted suicides) and used it to get them to vote for more conservative policies. Of course, we know that hardline anti-abortion laws lead to dead women and dead children. Just look at Romania or Ireland for confirmation of that… banning abortions and forcing women to give birth is a very anti-life policy, in fact, in addition to just being anti-woman. It’s always been adopted as a means of controlling women, not for any other purpose.

The crazy thing is that monks and nuns used to perform abortions back in the day. And as far as I know, it was when you could feel the baby move that it was considered to be viable and the pregnancy should go on.

10 Likes

Yep. But try to tell a Southern Baptist that their church supported the Roe v. Wade decision up until about 1979 or 1980, and see how fast they call you a liar. It’s absolutely true, though.

13 Likes

The Office Yes GIF

7 Likes

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/religious-right-real-origins-107133/

But the abortion myth quickly collapses under historical scrutiny. In fact, it wasn’t until 1979—a full six years after Roe—that evangelical leaders, at the behest of conservative activist Paul Weyrich, seized on abortion not for moral reasons, but as a rallying-cry to deny President Jimmy Carter a second term. Why? Because the anti-abortion crusade was more palatable than the religious right’s real motive: protecting segregated schools. So much for the new abolitionism.

8 Likes

Life imitates Futurama (again).

4 Likes

Another good read on this:

11 Likes

Mr Bannon said Ms Truss’ disastrous mini-budget should have been accompanied by drastic cuts to public spending.

Oh yeah, that would have made it better, of course!

4 Likes

It would have solved the arguments about what to put on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square.

I don’t approve of the guillotine but I doubt I could find any motivation to save the Tories from it, especially after the last five years.

5 Likes

:rage:

One GOP group, the National Republican Senate Committee, said in a Friday memo that the Alabama ruling is “fodder for Democrats hoping to manipulate the abortion issue for electoral gain.”

Mike Yard K GIF by The Nightly Show

Maybe don’t push deeply unpopular policies that most Americans think are wrong? Dipshits.

13 Likes

uhh, like they’ve been doing for years?

film design GIF by gfaught

7 Likes

Yes, but quite a few of them very much WANTED to end the right to an abortion and the right to contraception, etc… as we can see, they are not pushing extreme bills to do all that in congress.

5 Likes

“The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus, but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.”

― Methodist Pastor David Barnhart

17 Likes

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 09-59-34 Middle Age Riot (@middleageriot) on Threads

17 Likes
6 Likes

Did they really think she had a chance in the first place? :thinking:

2 Likes

They will write it off.

2 Likes

Fever Dreams:

Former President Donald Trump has said he will be a dictator on “day one.” He and his advisors and associates have publicly discussed hundreds of actions to be taken during a second Trump presidency that directly threaten democracy. These vary from Trump breaking the law and abusing power in areas like immigration roundups and energy extraction; to summarily and baselessly firing tens of thousands of civil servants whom he perceives as adversaries; to prosecuting his political opponents for personal gain and even hinting at executing some of them. We track all of these promises, plans, and pronouncements here and we will continue to update them in real time.

They are telling us out loud exactly what they are going to do.

5 Likes