Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 4)

Much like the AHA, yes, it seems so. I don’t think that people really grok just how much the humanities have been under bombardment in recent years, how mainstream that has gotten, and the impact that’s had over the MAGA era. And of course, that’s in part on the tenured class in academia, as they’re people who generally speaking, privilege and immune to the worst impacts of what’s been happening. They’ve dragged their feet until it’s turning into a 5 alarm fire that’s threatening to overwhelm all of us, whether elite professor or academic librarian, or lowly, poorly paid part-timer like myself. Strongly worded letters isn’t going to cut it anymore.

12 Likes

O’Donnell tweeted his announcement, saying: “I never wanted to be a politician and I still don’t. I’ve had two successful careers and have started a few small businesses. I’ve also worked for some big corporations. I was ready to retire and spend more time with my family — which I’ve done for the past three years. I think they’re ready for me to find something else to do.”

68-year-old Trump supporter O’Donnell semi-retired to a Las Vegas suburb after his legal tussles with former employers Bungie and Microsoft settled, and after founding Highwire Games, the developer of virtual reality game Golem and controversial shooter Six Days in Fallujah.

O’Donnell is best-known for co-composing the Halo franchise’s iconic soundtrack and Destiny’s Music of the Spheres accompaniment during a 14-year period as audio director at the Seattle-based Bungie. In April 2014, O’Donnell said he had been fired from Bungie "without cause”, then filed a series of lawsuits that were eventually settled.

In 2020, O’Donnell and co-composer on Halo and Destiny Mike Salvatori sued Microsoft over what the pair claimed was money owed relating to royalties dating back 20 years. In 2022, O’Donnell and Salvatori instructed their lawyers to explore the possibility of blocking the release of the then upcoming Halo TV show with a preliminary injunction. Months later, O’Donnell said the lawsuit against Microsoft had been "amicably resolved.”

I was always curious about what exactly happened that led up to him being fired. I guess everyone is going to know pretty soon thanks to political operatives and an leaky Bungie staff

5 Likes

from

17 Likes

2z2aje

9 Likes
16 Likes

4717452da77c7e43dbbda4053fd17a16

18 Likes

This will affect Women’s Business Programs as well; which were decided under intermediate scrutiny given their reasoning.

The Federal DBE Program will be targeted next. Which ensures contracting equity on DOT funded projects nationwide via local state DOTS, Airports, Maritime and Local Transit Agencies (Trains, Subways and Buses etc).

And then all the local programs based upon it.

This includes a great deal of infrastructure projects funding which goes through the DOT.

13 Likes

Turns out that face-eating leopards also eat the faces of face-eating leopards.

9 Likes

I’m sure this was a valuable test run for the Travis County GOP’s more important purge of voting rolls immediately before Election Day in November. I hope they get sued into oblivion.

9 Likes

Today’s Bizarro is a little too on the nose.

9 Likes

Hmmm… But Trump is hardly soft-spoken or folksy? :thinking: In fact I can’t think of anyone today who does that these days. Loud and bombastic seems to be the recent preference?

7 Likes

Now they just need a couple sock puppets to run for them.

7 Likes

Think they’ll pick up Haley? :thinking:

6 Likes

Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley has said she’s not interested in running as a No Labels candidate.

:man_shrugging: She hasn’t denied them three times before the cock crows yet. (Who knows, it might even be the same oligarch backers.)

6 Likes

Manchin with Haley VP?

5 Likes

Well, but didn’t manchin say he’s definitely not going to run?

3 Likes

I’ll believe statements about not running from these spoilers when the deadline for being on the ballot passes.

8 Likes

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

7 Likes
8 Likes

So the most predictable thing has happened

5 Likes