Lauren Boebert comedy routine falls flat

Originally published at: Lauren Boebert comedy routine falls flat | Boing Boing

10 Likes

“How can Joe Biden call America First conservatives a threat to democracy…”

Well, you see, they’re not actually patriots supporting America. They’re fascists supporting their regressive vision for a theocratic dictatorship, dressed up in an American flag.

47 Likes

As foretold by the prophecy.

While nobody knows who came up with the exact words “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” it’s been going around for decades, and the sentiment is older still.

39 Likes

I’m pretty sure she doesn’t understand how the name “Karen” is traditionally applied as a pejorative.

30 Likes

A person can be very intelligent and not have a post-secondary education. Lauren Boebert is not that person.

56 Likes

Indeed. Her level of understanding and that of a graduate of Liberty University are indistinguishable.

23 Likes

clowns GIF

16 Likes

I thought it was from Sinclair Lewis

11 Likes

Most people do, but apparently if he did write it down, nobody can find where.

He was one of a group of people who made the observation, though.

18 Likes

Whats the material difference between nationalism and nationalism?

3 Likes

And very few Karens seem to be the types likely to have daughters doing lesbian dance degrees, either. Boebert strikes me as exactly the sort of person likely to do a ‘Karen’ at the local mall if she hadn’t made it into politics.

12 Likes

pro-nun–ci-a-tion

1 Like

This reminds me of the old western movies where the villain makes someone “dance” with a six-shooter.

2 Likes

Lauren Boebert is what you get when you ban books.

11 Likes

I was waiting for the part where the bear comes out’a the woods and eats her. But again I was disappointed.

19 Likes

Boebert calling out “Karen” is a case of Karen calling the Karen Karen.

8 Likes

One of it’s legs is both the same.

2 Likes

Lauren, don’t quit your day job to go into comedy. Just quit your day job.

10 Likes

Just quit,

9 Likes

It occurs to me that in some sense Lauren Boebert is a comedy routine that falls flat…ridiculous but not the least bit enjoyable. We so desperately need to get rid of the mandatory audience participation.

8 Likes