Laurie Penny on hanging out with Milo Yiannopoulos and the gay trolls of the RNC

Beauty is in the eye of the cigarette holder.

1 Like

The cigarette holder needs Lasik.

3 Likes

I honestly think she was just trying to find something nice to say about him.

4 Likes

Anything is possible.

So who is he suggesting “can fix the worst” again?

I don’t know specifically, they might have been hypothetical examples to illustrate a more general problematic tendency.

1 Like

I’d consider such helpful concern trolling more problematic, but that’s jussme.

1 Like

My vote is on Party Monster. His priority is to keep the fame, money, drugs, and hookups flowing in.

1 Like

OT but whoever drew that doesn’t understand how reflections work at all. The horizon doesn’t tilt with your head, and why are his glasses reflecting some tropical ocean instead of a hotel conference room anyway?

Apologies if that’s the point, I haven’t read much Sandman/Death.

Those glasses hide a significant secret about who and what that character is. I think that might be an intentional off rendering to make them subtly unsettling.

3 Likes

Oh, he’s this guy.

Still not buying it. There’s plenty of ways to make it look unsettling without making people think you just can’t draw.

1 Like

1 Like

:question:

You don’t think Doosh has got that creepy wet-lipped Adam Driver look?

I remember that one more now (been decades since I read it-wow). If you look at it, you’ll see it actually is a deliberate thing the artist is doing with Morpheus/Dream whose reflection should be in them. If you consider who the artist and writer are, the reflection is not there due to a lack of talent.

3 Likes

?

2 Likes

Ah.

I haven’t seen any of the Disney Star Wars films yet.

But yes, Douche is creepy; and yeah he sorta looks like Driver, whom I had to google.

Why do you think they can’t draw? Its very clearly NOT reflecting the conference room. Its very clearly a tropical island. If he couldnt draw you wouldn’t see that at all. But you can.

The Corinithian is a dream. (Tho this is not a dream sequence) He is a nightmare. He was created to be humanities dark reflection. Mirrors and reflections are his thing.

11 Likes

That’s a wee bit hyperbolic, don’t ya think?

In my experience, people who genuinely have no talent for drawing typically produce images like this:

5 Likes

You’d think his lowbrow dismissal was taking easy potshots at someone like Rob Liefeld’s penchant for tiny feet, manly teats, and my god, the pockets… versus a comic book artist reflecting a feature that the writer intended and befits the character.

5 Likes