Law and Order - Trump Unit

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/11/law-and-order-trump-unit.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH, in the latest episode of “Law and Order: Trump Unit,” the squad nabs a sexual assault perp!

6 Likes

I don’t see the problem. Given the likely number of attorneys in a given locker room, I’m sure it comes under attorney-client privilege. Especially when it’s the attorneys boasting about their activities.

9 Likes

If they really wanted to lock up the perp they could just appoint a special prosecutor.

8 Likes

7 Likes

I’m honestly surprised that no one has come forth alleging sexual assault, coercion and/or rape.
His entitlement, money and power along with his emotional insecurity and the close proximity to things like the Miss Universe pageant make for a terrifying combination.

3 Likes

There are probably some quiet negotiations for protection against retaliation and possibly, in the extreme cases, the Witness Relocation Program going on, given Der Trumper’s proven history of going after people that he doesn’t like or views as having betrayed him.

6 Likes

I was assuming the “Law and Order: Trump Unit” was going around and making sure previously exonerated suspects got executed. For a guy running on a “Law and Order” platform, it’s amazing how little law or order is involved.

3 Likes

There are - mostly they’ve been quieted by settlements, the rest, I’m sure, by the fact that tRump is a famously litigious, deep-pocketed man who makes it a point to destroy anyone who even mildly irks him. Now he’s got millions of rabid fans who harass anyone who even talks about him and who knows what they’d do to anyone who offered more serious challenge. With regard to the pageants, there are stories of unwanted kissing, groping, positioning himself to walk in on the contestants naked, and attempted (actual) assault - mostly by third party observers, but a few by the former contestants. Mostly the contestants who were seen to be victims are keeping quiet - they can see how he’s gone after Machado.

6 Likes

Yeah, I unfortunately assumed that, and he himself (like the comic says) has admitted as much, but still surprised that some of this hasn’t been leaked to the web with or without the consent of the people he’s messed with over the years

Well, it has - we’ve got at least a couple pageant contestants talking about uninvited touching, a few rape/attempted rape allegations, and a whole lot of third parties who witnessed many egregious instances of sexual harassment (which was rife, apparently, on the set of his show) and more serious instances of his sneaking uninvited into female guests’ bedrooms while they were asleep (those women have refused to talk about it), etc. But of course it’s all just the tip of the iceberg.

5 Likes

There have been a bunch of out of court settlements. Given this is the same guy whose tactic for not paying contractors is to mire them in litigation and spend them into oblivion. The settlements tell you something about the gravity of the cases against him. (Of course in the first debate he muttered that “there was no admission of guilt”)

2 Likes

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=trump+wife+rape&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=CzL9V7qKLMPN8geBqqvwCA

Well done!

And the floodgates do finally seem to have opened with the accusations (although this is still only the tip of the iceberg, obviously) -

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.