Lawyer says nine NYPD officers bullied teen girl who accused two detectives of cuffing and raping her

Accuracy is important. Even, or maybe especially, when qualifying infamy. These thugs took things to a level that “police brutality” barely covers, if at all.

Those would be better tags, indeed.

2 Likes

Waiting for the scumbags to cite Ron Moore as justification.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s just there so this comes up when anyone clicks the police brutality tag. More accurate, and it’d have much less company.

1 Like

Seems like this is the sort of behavior of not just a couple of criminals, but a group of organized criminals. You know, the sort of thing that all of the racketeering etc… laws are in place to break up and prosecute…

3 Likes

That which is not expressly forbidden is now mandatory.

2 Likes

“How is murdering someone while your fingers are crossed a ‘special case’ not covered by homicide laws!!?” - us, soon.

3 Likes

It would have been the “serve” bit.

As a general rule, I avoid interacting with the Police. I want to avoid getting f*cked. Metaphorically that is.

1 Like

It seems like that’s one of those practices that ought to be covered under existing laws requiring consent. Kind of like how you can’t make someone “agree” to have sex with you while pointing a gun at their head.

2 Likes

How about ships?

1 Like

If you do “need” such a law, it’s a pretty clear sign that the system has failed to the point that merely changing the law will not be likely to solve the problem.

2 Likes

“It’s not illegal for NYPD police officers to have sex with people in their custody.”

That the only kind of sex some in the NYPD can get.

1 Like

Oh man, that’s one of my triggers. Our government cannot operate outside our legal protections. Our legal protections are not based upon location but rather are restrictions placed upon the power of government. Whoever floated the idea that our government can break its own laws if they go to some other place is ridiculous and needs to be challenged.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.