Leaders and religion

So true, it’s either Father Ted or the Vicar of Dibley.

2 Likes

I worked with one. She always got Saturdays off :frowning:

:wink:

That technically disqualifies my Unitarian church.

1 Like

Well, that and not being part of the Church of England :slight_smile:

1 Like

My particular church very much so. Evolved since then, but the Congregation was first gathered by:

Can confirm, I saw them when I broke into the Arhives with a rag-tag group of preteen adventurers in the 80s. All I was able to hang onto during our daring escape was this:

3 Likes

And denying the Trinity.

1 Like

How is Mr. Quest these days?

3 Likes

But not the Hob-Nobs, which is rather the point of proper leadership.

1 Like

Hmm, depends how you see it I suppose. I think the key word there is “separatist”.

See:

and:

So, it would seem Mr Brewster might have considered himself a part of the Church of England and the Church might just about have agreed at the time - but probably not.

Members of his congregation would presumably have certainly ceased to be members of the CofE by 1662 at the latest with the Act of Uniformity.

As @Heraclito says, the denial of the Trinity would have been a problem (and was for Unitarians in the UK until quite recently [well, recently by UK standards] - technically illegal).

ETA: But as long as they like Hobnobs, they’d be fine nowadays.

Plus at least they’re not Muggletonians (always one of my favourite Dissenting congregations).

2 Likes

My pub quiz team used to be called The Basque Lift and Separatists…

5 Likes

I didn’t know until recently that my family was Anglican!
Technically NOT Catholic… but OMG so Catholic.

1 Like

Still doens’t make him Jewish.

No. Not Jewish. Christian. He is a Christian…

7 Likes

yea part canadian

Really. Okay then.

3 Likes

Is this thread here because we all miss:

5 Likes

Let me be the first to say:

NO, I do not.

In regards to the question that started this thread:

5 Likes

At the beginning I was thinking this was a set-up to mine us all for background for some sub-Assassins Creed fan-fiction.
It could have gone so much worse…

2 Likes

One of my favorite quotes…

“He [Nixon] inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears but by diligent hard work, he overcame them.” ~ James Reston

4 Likes

Some of you will get this…

3 Likes