Leak: Trump will allow US companies to buy "conflict minerals" that fund terrorist warlords in the DRC

Not at my former church.

They preached ‘complete & total world peace and harmony’ for 3-7 years, then everything flips and goes to shit; followed by the “Rapture” where millions of the righteous and faithful are scooped up, leaving behind the unworthy sinners to suffer Armageddon.

Again, by that interpretation, 45 isn’t even close.

I had… some experiences.

Belief is a helluva drug.

12 Likes

Well, during the conservative regime here in canada, they secretly sold off the entire government gold reserve, the monies of which vanished into the bureaucracy, never to be seen again.

It’s suspected that this was done to pay for failing policies. Perhaps this is more of a…preemptive action?

4 Likes

Well, I believe in a lot of weird shit, and frankly I don’t see speaking in tongues and voudou/Santeria/etc. practices as being all that dissimilar. I would say, there’s a real underlying phenomenon occurring, and many different cultures have experienced it, and interpreted it in many different ways.

2 Likes

Us weirdo New Agey folks have some pretty specific things in mind when we think of Christ Consciousness, and it has essentially zero to do with mainstream Xtianity. Much closer to Advaita nondualism, or the neat stuff Christ seems to have referenced directly in the Gospel of Saint Thomas.

1 Like

You don’t say…

On that, I concur.

4 Likes

Between you and me Melz, I think of it as “tapping into another layer of the networking protocol stack that we really have no simple way of interpreting.”

Edit: See earlier statement, “I believe in weird shit.”

5 Likes

Well, thank goodness - someone is finally thinking of those poor minerals and how to free them from those terrible warlords. I’m sure we’ll welcome these cassiterite, wolframite and coltan refugees into our country with open arms.

8 Likes

Yeah, I know; I have this one weird habit of paying attention to what other people say.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad someone posted that. Nice one.

2 Likes

That’s it. I will never buy another Intel product if I can help it.

1 Like

teehee :slight_smile:

This is what “America First” looks like.

5 Likes

Corporate America First” and it looks like shit. Intel can suck it. Greed is one thing but knowingly and directly contributing to war, death and who knows what else is just pure evil.

7 Likes

Coming soon, just give it time. Lots of other stuff that needs ruining first.

2 Likes

Unless it’s Nordstrom deciding they don’t want to sell Ivanka’s crap. In that case we get another visit from the Presidential Waambulance.

13 Likes

So more of a Gnostic approach? Pity I can’t have you over for dinner because these sort of discussions are always better over food.

3 Likes

Oh, FFS. Is it getting too hard to source cheap blood diamonds for his cufflinks?

4 Likes

I am very surprised that John McCain was not there. Perhaps behind the camera. It’s his backyard that Intel is working this deal with Satan.

1 Like

Side bonus: funding terrorists who can then use the money to attack the US and give President Bannon his excuse to play Commander-In-Chief.

I wish that was unreasonable sounding paranoia.

5 Likes