Leaked Fyre Festival documents reveal "logistical nightmare"

They could have done some cobranding on the portapotties.

2 Likes

Every time they said influencer I instinctively clenched my jaw.

10 Likes

I have a festival…?

Apparently I do!

5 Likes

Here is what I would have done:

Once I found out how spartan it would be, I’d order in 1000 shovels, some bags of lime, surplus army tents, water, 100lb bags of rice, and cooking pans. Then print up some flyers about how their current living conditions were better than so many billions world wide. Give the VIP guests guns, as they could act as the local warlords, able to control the resources if desired.

Keep the musical guests, so they could still have some boss beats to go with their rice balls and trench latrines.

Spin the whole thing as a guerilla marketing campaign for poverty awareness. You probably would still have pissed off people, but then the blame shifts to the whiny rich kids would couldn’t rough it for a few day, in an effort to bring them some perspective and raise awareness.

10 Likes

Your proposal might be the one situation where Jello Biafra not really being the sad-sack ‘reunion’ cash in type is actually mildly unfortunate.

He’d be such a suitable choice.

1 Like

I run festivals. The level of incompetence here is breathtaking.

First thing you do (okay, second thing, right after “come up with an idea”) is make a list of everything you need, and see what that costs.

Then you make a list of every way the event will generate income (tickets, vending, merch, etc.), and use your costs to figure out how much you need to charge for each of those things.

This is not rocket surgery.

11 Likes

Not a problem. Full pitch deck is at the bottom. The “influencers”(referred to as “Fyre Starters” and prefaced by the truly gruesome phrase “These ambassadors stand as part of, and representative of, the Fyre Tribe.” start on page 20.

(Also, how did the miserable pustule known as ‘scribd’ replace “put PDF on HTTP server”?)

5 Likes

someone’s been giving this some thought… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

if even our president is a grifter, why not get a litte action of our own going, right?

4 Likes

Well, Trump hasn’t appointed a FEMA head, these people seem familiar with disasters, looks like a good fit :wink:

3 Likes

But then you probably have an existing supply chain working for you. You know who to call for most things you need. These guys were just starting out and really didn’t know what they were getting in to.

1 Like

Yes and no. They kept hiring and then firing people who did know these things because the people who did know would say thinks like “its possible to get stuff through customs that fast but it’ll cost nearly a million dollars” last I heard Blink 182s gear was still being held by customs because of unpaid fees.

Its not as if destination music festivals have never been done before. These guys guys were just extra.

4 Likes

Well no one’s gone to jail yet.

Because, when you’re rich / famous / privileged, you decide whether you get in trouble for stuff, that’s the whole point.

This is what libtards don’t get. When Turmp or OJ gets away with stuff, that’s not a problem. That’s the living dream, broheim! Or, what, you want a world where you can have millions of dollars and some asshole judge still tells you what you can’t do? That sounds like a total bummer and I want no part of it.

1 Like

I had this shit figured out with the first event I ran. Again- Make a list of stuff you need. Ask what it costs. Ask someone else if you’re missing anything.

Like that. But you know, not.

1 Like

Is the lime for dealing with the results of the eventual VIP mass execution?

3 Likes

HaHaHa… funny because that’s what they think unless it’s a woman in a pants suit.

1 Like

FestBot: Hi, welcome to FestBot. I will automatically query you to guide you through a decision tree regarding the festival you would like to coordinate. First question: have you ever been in charge of a festival before?
TooKewlFerSkewl: nope
FestBot: Is your chosen festival site in your native country?
TooKewlFerSkewl: negative, festbot
FestBot: Is your chosen festival site on your native continent?
TooKewlFerSkewl: sort of
FestBot: Are your cost estimates such that the average cost to an attendee would be less than $100?
TooKewlFerSkewl: no
FestBot: I have an initial analysis: under no circumstances should you proceed with this festival. You should instead choose a smaller-scale, closer, less pricey festival with which to develop your festival-hosting skills. Please type “ok” to signify that you understand.
FestBot: Are you still there? Please type “ok” to signify that you understand.

2 Likes

I have been involved in supporting operations for a large annual event. Its like assembling a shopping center in a few days, and making it safe to use. You have considerations like energy supply, toilets, waste disposal, fire safety, access control, venue capacity, logistics, parking for vehicles, generators, air conditioning, first aid, security, etc. And thats only the infrastructure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.