Learn how to move one eye without moving the other

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/30/learn-how-to-move-one-eye-with.html

3 Likes

Here’s the “” that was missing from the headline.

Edited to add: Hey, where’s it go? Oh, it’s in the headline now!

4 Likes

This is covered in week one of the Necromancy and Occult Mastery 101 course offered by Villains University.

8 Likes

I always did it by first crossing my eyes, then looking hard to one side or the other. Wins the bar bet, but it’s not as dramatic as rolling one eye outwards without crossing them first.

2 Likes

Just looking at the thumbnail gave me an eyestrain headache.:confounded:

ETA - Oops! not aimed at Glaurung, hit the wrong reply button, but hello anyway.

2 Likes

I taught myself to cross one eye by going cross eyed then focusing on something to the left or right of my head while keeping my head straight then going back to cross eyed. I’d really like to be able to point one or both eyes outward or do one up/one down, but I haven’t been able to do this.

1 Like

Me too, when I was a kid. I think I’d get a headache if I tried now. Is there a practical use for this? I’m afraid to watch the video for fear of getting a sympathetic headache.

1 Like

eyes

17 Likes

Interesting, but first I have to work on my ‘rolls eyes in exasperation’ bit. Right now it looks pretty much like this:

tumblr_meaf3ciD4M1qadnnio1_r1_400

8 Likes

That’s how I taught myself to do it, actually. Crossing, looking hard, and just slowly working my way up to not getting second dates

14 Likes

Pfffftt… I’ve been able to do that ever since that baseball hit me in the head.

5 Likes

I taught myself this trick around age 10. 12 maybe? His description is pretty much exactly how I did it. It’s been handy for freaking people out at parties.

I was crossing one eye since I was little, when I thought I was crossing both. It took years to get the other one to cooperate.

2 Likes

Photographic evidence notwithstanding, I refuse to believe this is possible. Did you know there are people who can’t wink?

4 Likes

MK Ultra seem to be losing their touch.

2 Likes

Dare to dream big. I’m putting Marty Feldman on the bathroom mirror for inspiration:

10 Likes

Every home should have one.

3 Likes

Sings: “She’s got Marty Feldman eyes…”

9 Likes

“Here’s looking at you, kid.”

4 Likes