Learn why some people have more than two nipples

Originally published at: Learn why some people have more than two nipples | Boing Boing

Supernumerary Nipples is my new band name.

12 Likes

Do you do James Bond movie themes?

14 Likes

Not sure if it’s too soon to split this thread but I want to know why so many of our doggo friends have a mole on the side of their face with a very thick hair?

Is this some form of dog face nipple?

Of all the gadgets Q ever made for James that nipple sticker from The Man with the Golden Gun was one of the silliest. I mean, it never even occurred to Bond that the bad guys might want two-factor authentication.

8 Likes

Is it because they ate their twin in utero? :thinking:

5 Likes

It also inspired one of the worst Bond puns ever which is a real low bar.

7 Likes

After Scaramanga’s three nipples, I was disappointed that Octopussy didn’t live up to the billing.

6 Likes

It’s because you’re a descendant of Romulus and Remus.

3 Likes

I have acquired and installed more nipples than I can remember:

14 Likes
1 Like

Looks like a mole…so that’s what that is…

2 Likes

Super-dupernary Nipples.

1 Like

I usually install 36 at a time:

If, as the video claims, 1% of people have a supernumary nipple, presumably that’s enough to balance those lost through mastectomy, and push the average number of nipples above 2. Does this make nipples the only body part where the mean is greater than the mode?

2 Likes

I expect the number of people with extra fingers exceeds those who have lost fingers. That number of persons with missing fingers obviously increases on 04 July and 05 November.

2 Likes

And after heavy snow, apparently:

187be37322ecf2105f83de276cc87395

4 Likes

Organ transplants are sometimes heterotopic (donated organ added next to host’s organ) instead of orthotopic (donated organ replaces host’s organ), which is how some people end up with two hearts or two livers. Though the estimation of averages can be tricky: an individual’s liver count may arguably be a fraction instead of a whole number, and the heart average is counterbalanced by people who live with artificial heart prosthetics and so, arguably, have 0 hearts.

3 Likes