LEGO Han Solo gets frozen in LEGO carbonite

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/11/lego-han-solo-gets-frozen-in-l.html

2 Likes

tumblr_p71hl2ManG1vaskkeo1_500

6 Likes

Just a reminder: Boba Fett is a terrible bounty hunter whose entire claim to fame in the films was “telling the Empire where to find the Millennium Falcon.”

Basically Garindan, except that Garindan wasn’t inept enough to let himself get killed by a blind man.

4 Likes

I bought this when it came out. It’s gotta cool mechanic that flips the “live” Solo around to the Carbonite one.

I am flagging this for hateful, antagonistic speech.

8 Likes
8 Likes

Han was given the option of being frozen in carbonite or watching that Solo movie … made the better choice.

I feel duty bound to post one of my greatest achievements here:

3 Likes

4 Likes

You did that? Pretty cool. It uses the old school Fett, Slave I, and other mini figs.

Fun fact - the imperial officer in that scene was played by Jeremy Bulloch, who was the man in the Boba Fett suit.

4 Likes

They were all pretty terrible. Boba Fett was the one-eye man in the nation of the blind.

Also, the Empire is wasteful as hell. They tossed enough trash overboard that a light freighter could float mostly undetected in the refuse. And they apparently do this on a regular basis! The Death Star had such a problem with it that they had to install multi-story trash compactors in multiple places around the ship. Luke had to specify which trash compactors they were talking about.

Does everything in the Empire come wrapped in 4 layers of plastic like Japan?

3 Likes

You should see how many plastic straws the Death Star cafeteria throws away a year.

Did you see that video of that poor womp rat with a straw stuck in its nose and those Tusken Raiders had to pull it out with a pair of pliers?

3 Likes

He’s in the back prepping for his dance number:

1 Like

Lando, a traitor? Nah, man; Lando was just finished setting the table so the rebels and Vader could sit down to a nice meal, talk out their problems…and Solo just started shooting. What did that turd think was gonna happen, exactly?

1 Like

Wow, I guess doing the same bendy dance move exactly four times in a row is what they do in the future.

5 Likes

Yep, we (Spite Your Face Productions were commissioned by LEGO to make a few animated shorts back in the pre-youtube days. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Really nice work. I’ll show my kid the Holy Grail one on the weekend. We watched it for the 2nd time last weekend. Soon I will have her quoting it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.