Boba Fett is mad at Disney for no longer calling his ship Slave I

Originally published at: Boba Fett is mad at Disney for no longer calling his ship Slave I | Boing Boing

4 Likes

A movie that did not even feature the ship in question.

21 Likes

Probably not this guy, and yet in some ways totally this guy.

bobafann

11 Likes

Definitely not that guy, Jeremy Bulloch died last year.

13 Likes

45 Likes

Meanwhile, Han Solo over here…

Han-Solo-eye-roll

18 Likes

Not having access to Disney+, I suppose this means they are attempting to market Boba Fett as less of a vile, despicable villain?

6 Likes

ok… i feel particularly gormless, but why was it ever named “Slave …” at all!? It just doesn’t seem to fit even a backward sense of literary license. (“Well y’see Jango had a plantation on concord dawn, farming splooshnuggets…”)

6 Likes

I checked on IMDB and apparently he also voiced Boba Fett in some kind of fan-created web series that I’d never heard of before. I gather that that show did feature the ship, although I don’t feel like watching it.

That, along with the brief appearance in the New Hope Special Edition are his sole acting credits.

1 Like

Yes. They’re doing a spinoff show from The Mandalorian, where he appeared as a good guy.

6 Likes

Lucas has been doing that since at least 2002.

But also, yeah. Pretty much.

3 Likes

He’s an alright guy…I guess…when it suits him

2 Likes

Did you watch that after credits scene that’s setting up the new series? He killed a bunch of people in cold blood, apparently because he wanted to do a hostile takeover of the former Hutt crime syndicate. I wouldn’t say he necessarily is appearing as a “good guy.” Mostly just an interesting protagonist.

11 Likes

I saw that in the post-credit sequence. Prior to that, though, he’s helping Mando against the Imps.

2 Likes

He was a bounty hunter… His whole deal was catching people (often slaves) in the outer rim.

Makes sense to me.

12 Likes

He’s just a simple man, trying to make his way in the universe.

4 Likes

Slavery was rampant in the Star Wars universe. Anakin was a slave. Jabba had a bunch of slaves. The Republic had an entire army comprised of slaves. Even the droids could arguably be classified as slaves.

20 Likes

Wonder how Slave2 feels about this?

2 Likes

Not that guy. That is Don Bies who was in the RotJ Special Edition reshoots.

Not that guy either. Jeremy was only in the original ESB and RotJ films (as Fett and Imperial officer.) He was also very briefly in Revenge of the Sith as a pilot.

No, Mark Austin is this guy, who was in the ANH Special Edition reshoots.

Complete and total fan service pose.

5 Likes

And through the name of his ship, it is implied that Boba Fett contributed to the slave economy in some way. It’s a rather clever way of providing a menacing back story to a character who, in the original series, had two lines, took a couple pot shots at Luke, and was goofed into the sarlac pit.

12 Likes