She may not be running, but there's already Oprah 2020 merch

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/10/she-may-not-be-running-but-th.html

download

14 Likes

Well, that isn’t saying much considering there are shirts for president by fictional characters.

8 Likes

Given the name of his ship I’m surprised he didn’t go with a Confederate Flag motif.

6 Likes

To be fair, that ship was his dad’s and I assume named by him.

3 Likes

That would be an interesting defense to see play out in a campaign.

Fett: That was all my father, not me! OK, granted, I’m his one perfect clone and I followed the exact same career path he did and drive his spaceship and wear his armor, but as you can see it’s now painted green, not blue.

Reporter: And how do you respond to claims that you personally engaged in regular contract work for notorious gangster and slaver Jabba the Hutt?

Fett: Uhh…

[uses jetpack to escape conference room through skylight]

8 Likes

Or you can save money by just reusing logos from previous campaigns.

9 Likes

Meh, the TV show “The Boondocks” predicted this way back in 2006.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t wish the “highest office in the land” on my worst enemy.

1 Like

…and what have we learned from cartoon show predictions?

3 Likes

Look, technically slavery is legal in parts of the outer rim. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

And no one else has an actual workable plan to combat global warming. Fett’s Carbonite Charter uses tested technology that promises to trap green house gasses in perfect hibernation.

Promises?

I thought it was effective, or did we just not hear about all of Lando’s angry customers?

Carbon-freezing is an industrial process that encases highly pressurized gases inside solidified carbonite.

But as it is Lando Carlrissian’s technology maybe he should be President, not Boba Fett.

Lando 2020

1 Like

LOL - LANDO?

One of his closest friends can be quoted saying, “Lando Calrissian. He’s a card player, a gambler, a scoundrel.”

The man has a serious gambling addiction, even betting away his only mode of transportation. He is also a horrible negotiator and later became a general in TERRORIST organization.

2 Likes

Say what you will about Lando, but at least he knows how to reach across the aisle and get both sides to the table.

5 Likes

To be clear, we are talking about the gun grabber who used his own private militia to unlawfully confiscate blasters.

2 Likes

Still the best fictional candidate:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.