LEGO piece spends two years inside of a child's skull

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/18/lego-piece-spends-two-years-in.html

5 Likes

A reboing, I believe!

5 Likes

Had to read to the end to get the important info: minifig hands! Yes, they are always the last tiny things rattling around in the bottom of the bin along with crumbs and dog hairs and Technic pins. Even a 1x1 plate looks giant next to minifig hands.

4 Likes

Obligatory:

13 Likes

When I was 4 or 5 my little sister swallowed the just-shy-of-marble-sized ball bearing from a rolling toy that I loved, and I still recall the aggravation I felt about it. My parents explained she’d probably poop it out eventually, and I nagged my mother at every single diaper change to look for it. Eventually it showed up, was scrupulously cleaned, and was returned to my toy.

Love the internet…literally THIS toy.

10 Likes

rent-free!

yeah, until i got to the end, i was trying to imagine how in the hell a 1x1 piece (or even a 1x1 CAP) could get lodged in and could not be found, but now it makes more sense. those hands are tiny.

Something possessed me as a young child to put one of those yellow rubber BBs for toy guns in my nose, which was promptly lost. Of course the embarrassment and fear kept me from ever saying anything to my parents. Forgot about it for years, though I definitely suffered from likely worsened sinus issues (always had lots of sinus issues before so its hard to say for sure) until one day I blew my nose and out popped the little fucker. Kids are stupid.

1 Like

How many years was it up there?

Nah, they just don’t know better at that age…

2 Likes

How many years? Nobody nose.

8 Likes

Came here for the genius Homer reference. Left satisfied.

2 Likes

I’ve taken to only snorting ground up LEGO hands - the whole ones burn too much.

2 Likes

“Concerned that her child might have inhaled a bit too much cupcake”

Is there nothing cupcakes can’t do

1 Like

I am reminded of a certain Cheech and Chong bit.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.