Lemmy of Motörhead outclasses a talk show host trying to humiliate him

Originally published at: Lemmy of Motörhead outclasses a talk show host trying to humiliate him | Boing Boing

6 Likes

There are few greater wastes of time than trying to wind up someone who famously DGAF.

27 Likes

I will have to fully listen later, but it reminds me of the time Dee Snyder testified before the senate, and instead of some brain addled punk, they got a very well spoken and intelligent testimony.

23 Likes
21 Likes

That video is 30 years old and I remember it from a video edition of a British Heavy Metal magazine for which our Lemmy was the Agony Aunt.

Damn I’m old.

18 Likes

I dimly remember a… talk show segment? where Lemmy was “confronted” with three or four ex girlfriends. Obviously set up by the producers with the intention to provoke something that would make headlines in the tabloids.

Only what actually transpired was a nice, amiable chat between them.

17 Likes

Beat me to it. He was a class act in his way.

5 Likes

After watching that interview it doesn’t seem to be that she was trying to “rattle” him at all. She seemed to just be asking very basic, straightforward questions, more like a Barbara Walters simulacrum.

6 Likes

'80s Girl-Mullet owner points hairstyle finger at long-haired individual.

From this, the pointy end of the timeline, that looks ironic.

2 Likes

Also…

16 Likes

this was actually where i heard Motorhead for the first time. still my favorite version of the song, because it weaves the Young Ones’ story into it.

8 Likes

this episode with the train ride, the game show, and The Ace of Spades is easily the best ep.

9 Likes

Agreed, it’s genuinely epic by any standard.

3 Likes

Judge Dredd: The Megazine (vol. 2) Issue #61

8 Likes

“TO THE STATION!”

Yes it’s a complete sentence.

6 Likes

Oh no, the front door’s exploded!

8 Likes

In (barely) related news, did you know Nemesis makes an appearance in an '80s music video?

5 Likes

I did not know that.

Credo!!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not getting anything classy from Lemmy here.

Her questions maybe could have been worded better, but what Lemmy gives back is IMHO some seriously creepy and inappropriate shit. She was trying to stay as far away from him as possible to avoid getting groped. Gross.

Mrs Richard “Four Weddings” Curtis - Emma Freud